terrior blues, my humble opinion

heliocentrist

Post by heliocentrist »

they're playing tonight in Boston ...

anyway, re: Terrior Blues ... I was on the road to damascus (not really, I was high with headphones on) and the scales fell from my eyes.

Brothers & Sisters of the chior, I now love Terrior Blues; I love all the songs just the way they are (though I generally prefer versions 2).

I'm gonna make my own 80 minute cd using the TB tracks and The Slaughter Rule stuff...I'll call it Slaughter Blues or maybe The Terrior Rule and I'm thinking it's gonna be a pretty fucking great disc.

fraggle

farrar

Post by fraggle »

Not too familiar with them either. The song clips at the website sound very atmospheric indie-folkish. http://www.canyonrock.com/

heliocentrist

Post by heliocentrist »

and less bombast

no go on the canyon, good stuff?

fraggle

new farrar

Post by fraggle »

Overall, there is much more passion in his delivery on this one. Have you heard any stuff from the band Canyon?

heliocentrist

Post by heliocentrist »

indeed brother fraggle, I like version 1 too, but kept wanting it to kick in with a nice drum shuffle, not a tin can whack ... then got to version 2 and rejoiced.

fraggle

new tunes

Post by fraggle »

Thanx, rocky. No Rolling Back II is my early fave.

heliocentrist

terrior blues, my humble opinion

Post by heliocentrist »

so I think my first reaction - which was "zzzzzzzzzzzz" - was simply a sign of my still missing Sonv Volt and bar chords and tunes written on an electric guitar ... this new rekid contains a few of his best songs, certainly better than most of sebastipolly, which had a real short shelf life for me ... trouble is the produiction generally sucks and he put the wrong versions at the front of the disc ... skip versions 1 and jump straight to versions 2; and the follwoing stuff is terrific:

18. Hanging On To You II
19. Hard Is The Fall II
21. Heart On The Ground I ( the one exception in which version I os better than II)
22. No Rolling Back II
12. California
9. Out On The Road
10. All Of Your Might

this could have been if they kicked in with the rock a lot earlier, like after the first verse instead of the last:

8. Heart On The Ground

and the deadly D's - drop d tuning doing dirges make these 2 snoozey:

7. Cahoklan
13. Walk You Down

and an interminable piano ballad

15. Dent County

I just wish Jay would put the 12 string tuned down to D away and pick up the motherfucking SG again, too much attic and not enough basement if you ask me.

So, in the end it'll certainly make my year end top 10