If you could meet any boarder, who would it be?

derekf

Post by derekf »

hiredgun wrote:This thread hasnt even been up for 24 hrs and its already had over 1100 views!

I bet Jay could post a stream of the new album on here and it wouldnt get as much attention.

What a fucked up bunch we are!

I want to meet this guy. He seems like a lot of fun.

Really though, on one hand I agree with sturge's early post about "the man behind the..."on the other I've had some great e-conversations with most of you here, so I would not pass up on an opportunity to meet any of you. dcarter and I WILL drink a beer one day. Thank you cind, the feeling is mutual.

sand dusky

Post by sand dusky »

my only saving grace is that i have been mentioned more than Hoops 8)

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

People I've met:
DCarter
Zeagle
Grifter
Jon
Linwood
Coffee Creek

Like to meet
FarrarFan
Calexico
MauraTierney
Pea
Cind
Spike
Talus
Sturge
countryfeedback
Dev for Barbque
Saratoga
Fen and Angelina
Hoops and Manshank for baseball

cind

Post by cind »

Calexico
Catherine
DCarter & GDavis (we were supposed to meet up at before the Janus Landing show but had some last minute peeps come into the picture...it wasn't up to me)
Derekf
Lawrence Fan
Manshank
Pea
Shuck
Tupelo Sun

Everyone I have met has been someone who I'd like to spend more time with... Yeah it's awkward as heck but at least we have the same taste in music...that's an ice breaker for sure.

hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

This thread hasnt even been up for 24 hrs and its already had over 1100 views!

I bet Jay could post a stream of the new album on here and it wouldnt get as much attention.

What a fucked up bunch we are!

ScottZeagle

Post by ScottZeagle »

Talus wrote:
dcarter wrote:I'm with ya, Sam. These are the good days. Those were the good days. They will be the good days. This will sound trite but I love most days. I have realized of late that I have a damned good life and am looking forward to it playing out.. I have been working on complaining less and realizing all of the amazing things going on. I feel fortunate. Except in extreme circumstances, for most of us, we'll realize life is good if we think about it a little.
This ends our lah-dee-dah interlude. We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.

:D
That guy who made nailed you with the cement block really turned your life around, huh?
Fixed!!!

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Talus wrote:
dcarter wrote:I'm with ya, Sam. These are the good days. Those were the good days. They will be the good days. This will sound trite but I love most days. I have realized of late that I have a damned good life and am looking forward to it playing out.. I have been working on complaining less and realizing all of the amazing things going on. I feel fortunate. Except in extreme circumstances, for most of us, we'll realize life is good if we think about it a little.
This ends our lah-dee-dah interlude. We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.

That guy who made you an honorary Cuban really turned your life around, huh?
:lol: :lol: Exactly!! Thanks for making me think of that. Fortunately, I have never seen him again but I am no longer anti-embargo of my home land. I am ready to volunteer for Bay of Pigs Dos.

sand dusky

Post by sand dusky »

You happy people are not invited to Dev, half and my tea party on a park bench

Talus

Post by Talus »

That guy who made you an honorary Cuban really turned your life around, huh?

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

I'm with you...should we hug now?

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

I'm with ya, Sam. These are the good days. Those were the good days. They will be the good days. This will sound trite but I love most days. I have realized of late that I have a damned good life and am looking forward to it playing out.. I have been working on complaining less and realizing all of the amazing things going on. I feel fortunate. Except in extreme circumstances, for most of us, we'll realize life is good if we think about it a little.

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

ScottZeagle wrote:
sam6025 wrote:I'm in a band with a bunch of dudes who don't drink anymore and we're all in our late 20s/early 30s...so much for partying with groupies until all hours drinking and doing blow.
Christ...I would love to be in my late 20's/early 30's again.

those WERE the good ole days!!!!

:(
They're good days...we're just sober during them...we'll remember them longer than most, I'd believe.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Texas Tom wrote:I would love to see the mighty Ramblers live with Cal 8)

We better bring iPods or books then because we won't get much out of the match! :lol:

ScottZeagle

Post by ScottZeagle »

sam6025 wrote:I'm in a band with a bunch of dudes who don't drink anymore and we're all in our late 20s/early 30s...so much for partying with groupies until all hours drinking and doing blow.
Christ...I would love to be in my late 20's/early 30's again.

those WERE the good ole days!!!!

:(

sand dusky

Post by sand dusky »

dEvRoNiKa wrote:
half-n-half wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:

I'm starting to have sad feelings.
:cry:
welcome to my world of the anonomous :roll: :(
We'll have our own sad little tea-party, won't we?
tea (from a thermos cos that is the ultimate definition of sad and lonely) and some sad looking suedo pastries on a park bench whist feeding the pigeons.
Get out of my head, soulmate.
Hey and if we both bring something to read or i-pods, we can not say anything to each other, and although we are sharing the same bench and even the same thermos we can avoid sharing pleasantries and continue our sad anonomous existance. Thus not encouraging hope of a better life, filled with interesting people and conversations.
BEST DATE EVER!
Agreed.

Can my thermos be brimming with "tea" that smells an awful lot like Woodford Reserve?
We dont have individual flasks. That would make us just two individuals who happened upon the same bench. Where is the tragedy in that? It was the two familiar souls whose only way to relate is asking if you want a refill while complaining about the poor quality of the pastry, that sums up my anonimity