If you could meet any boarder, who would it be?

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

dEvRoNiKa wrote:
Wow.

Isn't your late 20's much too soon for being a washed up ex-alcoholic musician?

I can think of at least ONE very disappointed rock star who thinks you need to grow a pair.

[\quote]

Ha! Randy (the drummer) and I have many sad stories of being drunk at the same shows and being a mess. He staggered up to the stage at a Bottle Rockets show and asked when they were playing something off their first album...the band kindly let him know they were just the opening act.

I've got my share of "then I drank too much and made an ass of myself with a band" or "got home drunk and pissed off the wife" stories. Luckily the times I was most drunk and obnoxious, the band was too. Mojo Nixon always seemed to be just as drunk and obnoxious.

Now, I'm older and more mellow...I'll be 30 one month from tomorrow. It's almost the end of the run. :P

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

dEvRoNiKa wrote:
half-n-half wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:

I'm starting to have sad feelings.
:cry:
welcome to my world of the anonomous :roll: :(
We'll have our own sad little tea-party, won't we?
tea (from a thermos cos that is the ultimate definition of sad and lonely) and some sad looking suedo pastries on a park bench whist feeding the pigeons.
Get out of my head, soulmate.
Hey and if we both bring something to read or i-pods, we can not say anything to each other, and although we are sharing the same bench and even the same thermos we can avoid sharing pleasantries and continue our sad anonomous existance. Thus not encouraging hope of a better life, filled with interesting people and conversations.
BEST DATE EVER!
Agreed.

Can my thermos be brimming with "tea" that smells an awful lot like Woodford Reserve?
NEW BEST DATE EVER!!!

Fenrisinho

Post by Fenrisinho »

Let's see, who have I met?

Mark Spencer
Mort
maura tierney
neverwonagrammy
Antelope850
grainpulp
Red plectrum
Novarah
saratoga jay
Bostonma
Damaged Son
Derek
redgator
Linwood Thorpe
Talus
D.Carter
tillotson
farrarfan1
Amorican Jay
Hoops
Lawrence Fan
(Lawrence Fan's sister who's board name I don't remember)
gblues
twitcher73
El Diablo
blackseacityman
farwellangelina
Dev
Cind

In that order more or less I think.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -BB

I met my wife and my best friends on this board. Many people I'd like to meet up with really

Texas Tom

Post by Texas Tom »

I would love to see the mighty Ramblers live with Cal 8)

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

half-n-half wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:

tea (from a thermos cos that is the ultimate definition of sad and lonely) and some sad looking suedo pastries on a park bench whist feeding the pigeons.
Hey and if we both bring something to read or i-pods, we can not say anything to each other, and although we are sharing the same bench and even the same thermos we can avoid sharing pleasantries and continue our sad anonomous existance. Thus not encouraging hope of a better life, filled with interesting people and conversations.
BEST DATE EVER!
Agreed.

Can my thermos be brimming with "tea" that smells an awful lot like Woodford Reserve?

farewellangelina

Post by farewellangelina »

half-n-half wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:

BEST DATE EVER!
It is sad a depressing, but I think I have actually done that before. I am spooked. I'm glad I'm married now. Just sayin.

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

sam6025 wrote:Actually, I was joking about the first part...I don't get much out of the whole sucking thing...

The second part is totally true though. :P

Seriously though, I'm aware of my extreme lameness. I'm in a band with a bunch of dudes who don't drink anymore and we're all in our late 20s/early 30s...so much for partying with groupies until all hours drinking and doing blow. We can't all be Son Volt, I guess.
Wow.

Isn't your late 20's much too soon for being a washed up ex-alcoholic musician?

I can think of at least ONE very disappointed rock star who thinks you need to grow a pair.

farewellangelina

Post by farewellangelina »

dEvRoNiKa wrote: So far, the verdict is that we’ve got a sexy crew of board folk. In my estimation thus far, the Class of ’09 Jayfers Board Yearbook (of those I’ve met in person) looks like this:

lawrence fan wins “Best Eyes / Male” – gorgeous blues!
saratoga jay wins “Sweetest Guy / Least Likely to Axe-Murder”
cind for “Best Eyes / Female and Best Ass in Jeans”
half - “Hottest Girl-Curls and Most Likely To Outwit”
samuel - “Best Laugh and runner up to Best Photographer”
fenrisinho – “Best Dimples and Most Likely To Bang a Board Girl”
farewellangelina – “Hottest World Traveler and Mom to Cutest Board Baby”
countryfeedback – “Most Likely to Make a Baseball Cap Sexy”
linwood thorpe – “Most Likely to Represent You in a Court of Law Drunk”
redplectrum – “Most Accommodating Festival Partner”
sticky – “Most Likely to be Totally High”
mraney – “Most Likely to Succeed”
hanksnow – “Most Awesome Hair / Male”

I think that about covers who I’ve met thus far, not 100% positive.
dEvRoNiKa- "Most Likely to be Awesome in Every Circumstance, in Every Way"
fenrisinho- "Most Likely to Embarrass His Wife"
Talus- "Most Likely to Pull Out His (camping) Equipment and Make His Wife Proud"
linwood thorpe- "Most Likely to Advise Your Drunk Ass in a Court of Law" and "Most Accommodating Hotel Partner" and "Most Likely to Make You Smile"
Mort- "Most Likely to Make You Miss Your Flight and Not Mind" and "Best Shirt"
Maura- "Most Likely to Have Won My Heat" ...Oops, Our Hearts, yes, that's it. And "Best Snowman Builder"
...oh, and let's not forget:
Mark Spencer- "Most Likely to Tell You His Address if You're Cool and with a Drunk Norwegian Who's Embarrassing His Wife" (against all likelihood)

I have met some good ones here, that's certain. Dev probably saved both my life and my then-unborn child's when she handed over that amazing battery-powered fan at ACL. She, in fact, probably deserves a high five. (I can so not imagine that.) M and I have planned on meeting up with S Jay, but for some reason that just hasn't worked out yet. I also want to meet all a' you again.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:

BEST DATE EVER!

sand dusky

Post by sand dusky »

dEvRoNiKa wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

Actually, I was joking about the first part...I don't get much out of the whole sucking thing...

The second part is totally true though. :P

Seriously though, I'm aware of my extreme lameness. I'm in a band with a bunch of dudes who don't drink anymore and we're all in our late 20s/early 30s...so much for partying with groupies until all hours drinking and doing blow. We can't all be Son Volt, I guess.

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

sam6025 wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote: Why must you be such a hater of fun and murderer of JOY?
I'm married and that's what happens...women start by sucking out stuff that makes you happy...then they stop doing that only to suck out the fun and joy from life.

Was that too graphic?
SAGINAW, Michigan - A man police caught performing a sex act with a car wash vacuum has been sentenced to 90 days in prison.

Look on the bright side, Sam.
No prison?

sand dusky

Post by sand dusky »

dEvRoNiKa wrote:
sand dusky wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote:

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

sam6025 wrote:
dEvRoNiKa wrote: Why must you be such a hater of fun and murderer of JOY?
I'm married and that's what happens...women start by sucking out stuff that makes you happy...then they stop doing that only to suck out the fun and joy from life.

Was that too graphic?
wow!