Scooters

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

Talus wrote:Image

Ride what makes you happy.
As our LBS dudes would say, "Runs on water and bananas."

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

I like the Honda Ruckus. Small. Cheap. Great gas mileage.
http://powersports.honda.com/2009/ruckus.aspx

Also think this Yamaha Zuma 125 is pretty cool too.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/produ ... /home.aspx

Sucks for me though as I work across the river and there isn't really a good bridge to cross to get there on a small scooter like these. Too slow for the interstate and not enough power to get over the big bridges.

Honestly though, I'd be scared to ride one in this city. Folks are always getting run over.

Coffee Creek

I feeel pretty ... oh, soooo ...

Post by Coffee Creek »

Talus wrote:I went from this:

to this:

OR

Ride what makes you feel like a princess ...

... until the bricks start flying.

Then you need one of these:

Talus

Post by Talus »

dcarter wrote:Image
Isn't that a "Rascal"?

Talus

Post by Talus »

I went from this:

to this:

sawyer

Post by sawyer »

i have one like this, no stickers, no red, all blue/yellow. 150 cc, goes 65 (at least), gets 70 mpg. came in pretty handy last year when gas was $4 gallon. people say i look like an idiot, but i don't really care. fun to ride and no shifting. i got sick of that when i was a kid riding mini bikes. had to license it as a motorcycle in CO, since it's a 150, and take the motorcycle driving test. on this it was a piece of cake.

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

AO

Post by AO »

I wanted a cross between this one:
And this one:

Texas Tom

Post by Texas Tom »

This is the one Im hoping to get...

trousersnakeandlarry

Post by trousersnakeandlarry »

Teh Lesbian Bros. in action:

AO

Post by AO »

ReasonsWhySomeCaucasiansLikeVespasArticle wrote:If you are in search of a fun game, a white person who has recently purchased a Vespa can be a source of tremendous entertainment. Step One, get them talking about their Vespa (easy). Step Two, start asking them why they didn’t save money by getting a Honda or Suzuki that gets the same mileage. Step Three, see how many of the following justifications a white person will use during the ensuing rant: environment, parking, urban lifestyles, union labor, writers, fuel efficiency, Roman Holiday, study abroad, and being into Vespas before other people.
They forgot being Highly influenced by The Who and Quadrophenia and wanting to walk the walk of a Mod while riding around singing about your GS Scooter with your hair cut neat...
I wear my war time coat in the wind and sleet.

But also, at the same time, Having the image of Helen and Christian Slater in your head riding around on that "Honda Elite" before the town bully trashed it in "The Legend of Billie Jean" which sparked the nation wide "Fair is Fair" movement.
That's when you begged your dad to take you to the "Honda of Freeport" dealership on Long Island (Hometown of singer/songwriter Shannon McNally) so you can test ride one.
Of course he indulges you and you have it all planned out in your head where you are going to get an after school job at the Howard Johnsons to earn the money for the scooter only for your mother to dash your dreams and not only forbid you to get the job (SCHOOL is your job), but considers Long Island to be to dangerous of an island to be riding around town on a scooter and you protest by saying, First you move me out of Queens and take away any little bit of street cred that me and my Suburban teen angst is desperately trying to cling to and NOW you won't allow my 14 years old self to ride around this stupid one horse town on a Scooter!!
I HATE YOU :lol: :lol:
Boarding School was soon to follow:-)

You can see why I've chosen not to procreate. Karma.
My poor sweet mother...
And she was right! First time on a Scooter and off I flew head first.
Who says father know best?

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Rugged Roses

Post by Rugged Roses »

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2009/06 ... -scooters/

"In fact, were it to have a liberal arts degree and a steady income, a Vespa scooter possesses every important quality that a white person looks for in a spouse." Ha!

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

Vespas are pretty popular in NYC. My wife really wanted one a few years ago. We had kids instead. Now we have a couple of these...

AO

Post by AO »

I used to want a Vespa in the worst way. During my young teens.
Dad said yes, mom said no.
Then I rented one in Aruba a few years later, looked behind me while I was riding as I noticed I had just passed my hotel, hit a pebble in the road, lost my balance, fell off and limped around the Island for the rest of the week.
My dreams were dashed.
Up until I had fallen off the bike and almost broke my neck though, Riding around on that Vespa was just about the most fun I probably had up until that point in my young life.
Get one!