Hope & Change

Left A Slide

Post by Left A Slide »

Tokyo Fan wrote:Eugene Robinson, on Hardball, while discussing the beer summit, managed to insert the word "anodyne" into a sentence speculating as to how the president will respond to such questions in the future. Something like "I think they (the president's staff) would hope he (the president)would say something more anodyne."

That is all.
Eugene kicks ass

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

Last edited by ShuckOwens on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

Tokyo Fan wrote:Eugene Robinson, on Hardball, while discussing the beer summit, managed to insert the word "anodyne" into a sentence speculating as to how the president will respond to such questions in the future. Something like "I think they (the president's staff) would hope he (the president)would say something more anodyne."

That is all.
i'll take it.
thanks for that.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Eugene Robinson, on Hardball, while discussing the beer summit, managed to insert the word "anodyne" into a sentence speculating as to how the president will respond to such questions in the future. Something like "I think they (the president's staff) would hope he (the president)would say something more anodyne."

That is all.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

I wouldn't drink a Bud Light if it was the last beer on Earth and am proud to exercise my free choice by drinking relatively obscure styles brewed by mainly American-owned breweries. I am glad that the 3 principals at the 'Beer Summit' also demonstrated American values by drinking the beer of their choice regardless of so-called political correctness. :twisted:
Last edited by dcarter on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beatenbynonfiction

Post by beatenbynonfiction »

[quote="saratoga jay"]what are they having?[/quote]

If not for the President's "stupid" comments-there would be no reason for this pathetic strategically planned conference to give the President a diversion from his own stupidity. And if the President wanted to add a bit of goodwill to this ridiculous "lessons learned" meeting-why not a Sam Adams?? Sam Adams is brewed approximately 6 miles from Harvard!

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/200 ... n.arms.cnn

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

ShuckOwens wrote:
Unhurried Ways wrote:More specifically, a Bud Lite.
...which is now a Belgian beer, which goes to my point of having a seemingly tone-deaf president... not really being the "change we need." Can you imagine what the impact of the POTUS naming a mid-size American brewer might have been? Oh well.
Speaking as a beer connoisseur Bud Lite is not a Belgian beer. Rather it is an
American lager beer derived/stolen from Czechoslovakia. Ownership of a
brand doesn't change the nature of the object.

TinyElvis

Post by TinyElvis »

ScottZeagle wrote:I'm sure there are millions of idiots out there who had bets on him drinking a 40 of Old English, or some shit like that...

:roll:
My bet was Champale along with couple of hits off Marian Barry's crack pipe.

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

ScottZeagle

Post by ScottZeagle »

I'm sure there are millions of idiots out there who had bets on him drinking a 40 of Old English, or some shit like that...

:roll:

Unhurried Ways

Post by Unhurried Ways »

More specifically, a Bud Lite.

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

what are they having?

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

Last edited by ShuckOwens on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

I'm appreciative of our corporate "system" simply because I know our quality of life wouldn't be what it is without corporations....However, we MUST figure out how to keep corporate greed in check. And it's going to take regulation for that to happen. I'm not smart enough to say specifically HOW to make it happen, but I do know that we worship money more than we should and it's going to be our demise if we don't wise up.

Health care is a moral issue. It angers me that money is the reason we have allowed so many good people with treatable diseases.....to just die. I don't believe our corporate structure is evil. I DO believe health insurance companies are evil and I'm all for and will gladly pay extra taxes for some type of pseudo-socialized health approach.