Sarah Palin 7/3/2009

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

Last edited by ShuckOwens on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

Its just E being E.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

TinyElvis wrote:
Tokyo Fan wrote:I just think she is totally incompetent and literally shudder at the thought of her having been plucked from obscurity to have a chance to be a heartbeat away from the presidency).
Since when is being a Governor of a State an obscure job? VP "Plugs" Biden was a Senator from one our our smallest states. Isn't that plucked from obscruity as well?
You're not serious...are you?

Pelosi! The Messiah! Spitzer! Yes, I know grabbing onto one side point to try and side step the issue (in this case, competency) is another one of those classic Republican tactics.

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

Hank Snow, where u been?

I think McCain lost in part because he was a bit eccentric and unstable.

I think Palin's definitely in a hurry and will be percieved as unstable.

Her future lies in raising money for Repubs, giving speeches for cash, writing a book and maybe being a talk show host.

Anything but running for President.

I think Obama was an oddity, right place right time and the Dems will get filleted in 2010 because of the direction they're taking us.

The scene is wide open IMO for anyone BUT Palin as President.

She's not qualified.

TinyElvis

Post by TinyElvis »

Tokyo Fan wrote:I just think she is totally incompetent and literally shudder at the thought of her having been plucked from obscurity to have a chance to be a heartbeat away from the presidency).
Since when is being a Governor of a State an obscure job? VP "Plugs" Biden was a Senator from one our our smallest states. Isn't that plucked from obscruity as well?

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

ShuckOwens wrote:
Tokyo Fan wrote:
ShuckOwens wrote:
Tokyo Fan wrote:....
Another one: Is there some kind of school, class or secret society....
My reason for tossing Spitzer in was to compare the hilarity of the two situations. Everyone was having a good laugh at the resignation, but I found the NY Governor's plight much more amusing.
:lol: You must have graduated summa cum laude. or helped write the curriculum.
I don't understand the bee on your bonnet here, TF. This thread is about a US Governor's foibles, and the many boarders who hate the Governor having a good laugh about it. I tossed a comparison to another US Governor's self-destruction, because I thought the circumstances much more amusing.

If I were to contribute to a thread about the Richard Pryor movie Stir Crazy with a comment like "Hey... Bustin' loose is funnier"... would I face the same wrath?
Shit, I hate it when you make a good point (just the last part about Stir Crazy and Bustin' Loose...certainly NOT the "hate the governor" part. I don't hate her at all. I just think she is totally incompetent and literally shudder at the thought of her having been plucked from obscurity to have a chance to be a heartbeat away from the presidency).

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

ShuckOwens wrote:
Hank Snow wrote:Being popular to a particular voting block in an election doesn't necessarily equate to being a good governor, or as having had a remarkable governorship.
Does being an incredibly popular Governor equate to being a good Governor?
Not necessarily, no. Remember how popular Marion Barry was as mayor?

Popularity doesn't always = good, otherwise American Central Dust would have debuted at #1.

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

Last edited by ShuckOwens on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

TinyElvis wrote:
Tokyo Fan wrote:I was commenting specifically about my reaction to Palin’s incoherent announcement.
Then why not react to Pelosi's incoherent ramblings as well?
Did you forget to paste the part about "this thread about Palin"? Maybe that's why I didn't react to anything as relates to Pelosi. In fact, yes it is.

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

Last edited by ShuckOwens on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

ShuckOwens wrote:
Tokyo Fan wrote:....
Another one: Is there some kind of school, class or secret society....
My reason for tossing Spitzer in was to compare the hilarity of the two situations. Everyone was having a good laugh at the resignation, but I found the NY Governor's plight much more amusing.
:lol: You must have graduated summa cum laude. or helped write the curriculum.

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

If you've something to share about The President or the Speaker, that relates to Palin quitting or any of the things that have been made jokes about Palin, please do.

I don't think there is anything in place preventing that. I also don't think this is a matter of which particular party you are in but of Palin in general, and her quitting.

In what way do you feel she is not "Cutting and Running" and what do you feel her quitting has to do with cutting and pasting?

TinyElvis

Post by TinyElvis »

Hank Snow wrote:Did someone honestly attempt to defend Palin by attacking Pelosi? Isn't that Apples and Oranges here?
No. Someone here attempted to find out why Palin is the butt of jokes and ridicule while someone like Pelosi (who is speaker of the House and can actually affect your life) is given a free pass for her bumbles and stumbles - not unlike the Obamessiah.
Hank Snow wrote:Is it any surprise that Palin is doing the old Cut and Run?
Is it any surprise that Hank Snow is doing the old "cut and paste"?

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

And to answer your question, if Palin was more popular among conservatives than McCain, then he should have won to improve Palin's chances by making her the incumbent VP in 2016.

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

ShuckOwens wrote:
Hank Snow wrote:Whatever the reasons why she quit, it doesn't change the fact that after a brief and unremarkable governorship, she quit.
Being a Governor so popular that she gained a spot on a Presidential ticket is unremarkable?
Being popular to a particular voting block in an election doesn't necessarily equate to being a good governor, or as having had a remarkable governorship.