Terroir Blues and Thirdshift no longer on iTunes or eMusic

calexico

Post by calexico »

sam6025 wrote:It may a bit to do with Artemis Records going out of business a couple years ago. Those who kept up their end of the digital distribution may have let it go.
A Texan with a logical answer that doesn't involve oil, BBQ or beer?

Whatever next? Doug with a man's bike?

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

It may a bit to do with Artemis Records going out of business a couple years ago. Those who kept up their end of the digital distribution may have let it go.

manshank

Post by manshank »

buy CD's from stores, buy from people behind counters at local small stores/shops...............buy people, get up from behind your keyboard and go out to the streets.........................we are dying

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

Good call. I thought that was Jay's Act/Resist phase. Maybe a different distribution deal in the works or in the future.

DS

I don't see the advantage

Post by DS »

to not allowing them to be downloaded.

I can see how it makes sense not to produce more CDs.

Could it have more to do with the company that distributes the music?

Grifterwithafunnylittleha

Don't worry; Jay is still around.

Post by Grifterwithafunnylittleha »

Rareties, friends. Jay and his gang are smart.

Always available? Always consumable? Nope. Get the collections while you can.

You need to cause a stir instead if your most cherished records are unavailable. Fanatics seek out the songs in the record stores and used bins of Amorica.

I do cherish the records and CDs, too. Promise, cross my heart, but I don't want to die.

Grifter

Sachsen

Post by Sachsen »

Rider wrote:i found them at rhapsody. they even have live in seattle which i think is weird. anyway, as we move to all digital music consumption, i get worried that a hard or digital copy of my favorite music in the world will not be available:(
You know, when I bought ACD on CD, it was so weird to get a physical disc again. It had literally been months - maybe more than a year - since I had bought a new album on CD. (I do buy used CDs more frequently.) I'm not an audiophile, so the wailing and gnashing of teeth about audio quality of mp3 vs cd vs vinyl means nothing to me. For me, mp3s sound "good enough". And the ease and simplicity of digital downloads makes them far more appealing to me than CDs. Not to mention they are almost always less expensive, I don't have to find more room in my house to store more discs (my wife thinks I have too many as it is), and I can instantly have and listen to a new album at 1:30 in the morning while I'm sitting at the computer in my skivvies. Lots of new albums also come with digital booklets, so that part's not missing either.

Bottom line, I don't miss CDs as long as the music is still available online somewhere. Which makes the removal of Jay's albums from digital outlets that much MORE distressing and unexplainable.

Rider

Post by Rider »

i found them at rhapsody. they even have live in seattle which i think is weird. anyway, as we move to all digital music consumption, i get worried that a hard or digital copy of my favorite music in the world will not be available:(

Trellis

Post by Trellis »

Damn shame

Sachsen

Post by Sachsen »

Time to buy used CDs before they all disappear.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=s ... ar&x=0&y=0

derekf

Post by derekf »

Those plus Sebastopol are also gone from the Jay Farrar store as well.

Rider

Terroir Blues and Thirdshift no longer on iTunes or eMusic

Post by Rider »

any ideas why? i lost my copies in a computer mishap and wanted to dl them only to find they're gone :cry: