Minneapolis Show- Sunday night

keith21

Re: Proofreading and Sex

Post by keith21 »

movingwater wrote:
Second, isn't "dude" generally acceptable address for male or female? I meant it as gender neutral. like "man" can be.
Dudettes are girl dudes.

arambler

Post by arambler »

megaballs1 wrote:Break it up kids or you'll get 10 Sultanas...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

movingwater

Re: Proofreading and Sex

Post by movingwater »

ensilager wrote:Whatever. So I will attack your message--and I am female btw--learn how to proofread.
No, she is right. That was a very poorly edited message. I should have read it through before I posted. Thank you Ms. Saffire (and sorry about your recent loss.)

Second, isn't "dude" generally acceptable address for male or female? I meant it as gender neutral. like "man" can be.

I submit that in current American slang, the word "dude" may be used as a way to initiate conversation, in a particularly casual, even jocular, way.

movingwater

Sera Cahoone

Post by movingwater »

Listened to her other release as well as the new one I got at the show. Have to say, I enjoy her music more with each playing. She was as entertaining as most warm-up acts I have seen lately anyway.
Last edited by movingwater on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ensilager

Post by ensilager »

Megaballs--2 is my limit, so I just say to hf--go edit urself. No, Rodney, we can't.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

Break it up kids or you'll get 10 Sultanas...

hardwood floor

Post by hardwood floor »

ensilager wrote:Whatever. So I will attack your message--and I am female btw--learn how to proofread.

there is nothing more insufferable than the "learn how to proofread" types on message boards

not even conservatives

hey, if you're the next william safire and all wrapped up with correct usage on a son volt message board, maybe don't use stuff like "btw"

hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

You sound really hot in a fiery way. Please post a pic!

ensilager

Post by ensilager »

Whatever. So I will attack your message--and I am female btw--learn how to proofread.

movingwater

Ensligar (?)

Post by movingwater »

Dude, get over yourself. The point of these essage boards is for fans to trade ideas and remarks about the so=hows, the bands, the personalities and the music. None of us need to e abused because we post opinions which either you just disagee, or amy be ill-informed. The discussion/debate is never furthered by attacking the messenger instead of the message.

arambler

Re: Really??

Post by arambler »

blueribbon wrote:So I've been lurking for a while, can't hold back. Sera Cahoone fucking was amazing! Who was the idiot who critisized her for four chords, idiot!!!! True idiot, that's A LOT of music dumbass, it's how you construct a song around it that matters.

Do you think that Son Volt does much more than that??? Where the genius comes in is how you structure the song, but I guess you don't really understand music at ALL!!!

I saw her for three shows, never heard of her before, but was spellbound. Son Volt doesn't take a hack on the road, so shut the fuck up and go back to your dull life of making music on Garage Band for your parents.

She was amazing, her songs were great!! I really hope that SV takes her on tour again because she was so amazing live (with just a steel player), and so nice to people who spoke with her. I thank SV for picking her up.

Sorry friends, had to speak out. It's sad that a loser who doesn't get music has to drag folks down.

OUT!!
You tell 'em, blueribbon! I saw her open for SV 4 times and would happily see her open for them a dozen more. And her pedal steel player is also great and a very nice person to talk to.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

hardwood floor wrote: no matter how many times you curse, that won't change
Boy howdy, did that make me laugh. Thanks.

hardwood floor

Post by hardwood floor »

blueribbon wrote:So I've been lurking for a while, can't hold back. Sera Cahoone fucking was amazing! Who was the idiot who critisized her for four chords, idiot!!!! True idiot, that's A LOT of music dumbass, it's how you construct a song around it that matters.

Do you think that Son Volt does much more than that??? Where the genius comes in is how you structure the song, but I guess you don't really understand music at ALL!!!

I saw her for three shows, never heard of her before, but was spellbound. Son Volt doesn't take a hack on the road, so shut the fuck up and go back to your dull life of making music on Garage Band for your parents.

She was amazing, her songs were great!! I really hope that SV takes her on tour again because she was so amazing live (with just a steel player), and so nice to people who spoke with her. I thank SV for picking her up.

Sorry friends, had to speak out. It's sad that a loser who doesn't get music has to drag folks down.

OUT!!
that was me

sera cahoone was achingly, painfully, pathetically boring

no matter how many times you curse, that won't change

blueribbon

Really??

Post by blueribbon »

So I've been lurking for a while, can't hold back. Sera Cahoone fucking was amazing! Who was the idiot who critisized her for four chords, idiot!!!! True idiot, that's A LOT of music dumbass, it's how you construct a song around it that matters.

OUT!!