Jay interview in Greenville, SC weekly rag

MelissaHallGville

Photos from the Handlebar show

Post by MelissaHallGville »

Whoops, meant Nov. 20, and I also meant to link to the photos from the show. Anyhoo, here they are:

http://greenville.metromix.com/music/es ... 24/content

MelissaHallGville

Greenville SC show Nov. 21

Post by MelissaHallGville »

Anyone go to the show at The Handlebar?

calexico

Post by calexico »

megaballs1 wrote: loves to listen to Calexico

You know it makes sense.

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

http://www.jayfarrar.net/phpBB2/viewtop ... 73f5e9fc64

Krauty

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:06 am Post subject: Robert Plant said...

...in an interview in the german "musikexpress" magazin that he currently loves to listen to Calexico (and that made my mind!) , Jay Farrar and The Hives. Amen.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Long Slow Fade
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:54 am Post subject:

Funny how someone whose vocal delivery couldn't be more different from Jay's is a fan. Right on.

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:54 pm Post subject:
He says basically the same thing in the current issue of Mojo. Plant is discussing what he's up to, where he's playing, etc. & mentions being on the same bill as Jay & how much he really likes him.

It's funny 'cause that's the one thing in the article that my wife pointed out when she read it, knowing what a fan of Jay's I am.

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

countryfeedback wrote: I guess thats easier to do when a band is touring and doesnt have to promote a new album...But I wouldnt want Jay to put off writing right now just because of the creative roll he is currently riding.
+1

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

"I don't ever want to see (an Uncle Tupelo reunion) happen, and I don't think even what Perry Ferrell suggests will make it happen."

I for one think this is an incredibly honest and refreshing statement. The idea that a forward thinking artist with current, brilliant, relevant material is asked about reprising a band from almost 20 years ago is somewhat insulting.

Kudos to Jay for staying true to the music, not the cash or the hype.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Okeman wrote:Does anyone know of the Robert Plant article of which they speak? I'd like to read that myself.
Jay hasn't read it either so if anyone knows maybe our resident monitor will feed the information back to him as well.

countryfeedback

Post by countryfeedback »

Sachsen wrote:This year artists ranging from The Pixies to Steely Dan have been doing tours playing one of their seminal albums front-to-back. What early Son Volt album do you think would be interesting to perform that way?

I have no idea. Any suggestions?

“Straightaways” wouldn't be bad.

All right, I'll take note of that. I've heard of people doing that and think it is a good concept, but honestly, I haven't given any thoughts to what I would do along those lines. But I guess you're getting the ball rolling.

:shock:

How friggin AWESOME would that be...
Too cool!
I guess thats easier to do when a band is touring and doesnt have to promote a new album...But I wouldnt want Jay to put off writing right now just because of the creative roll he is currently riding.

Wilco on the other hand would be wise to take some time off from writting and take this idea to heart.

Okeman

Post by Okeman »

Does anyone know of the Robert Plant article of which they speak? I'd like to read that myself.

Sachsen

Post by Sachsen »

This year artists ranging from The Pixies to Steely Dan have been doing tours playing one of their seminal albums front-to-back. What early Son Volt album do you think would be interesting to perform that way?

I have no idea. Any suggestions?

“Straightaways” wouldn't be bad.

All right, I'll take note of that. I've heard of people doing that and think it is a good concept, but honestly, I haven't given any thoughts to what I would do along those lines. But I guess you're getting the ball rolling.

:shock:

How friggin AWESOME would that be...