if you want to destroy my tour bus, oh ooo oh ooo oh

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Maybe they should pick up knitting sweaters instead, much less risky business than driving around in buses and annoying people who don't like them.

SPIKE

Post by SPIKE »

Punctured lung!? They'll have to change their name to Wheezer.

Seriuously, Glad everyone's OK. I let a band drive home in the ice one night because I didn't unass the money for them a room at my hotel. I still kick myself but thank God they made it home safe.

keith21

Post by keith21 »

update for anyone interested: Assistant is on her way home for recovery. Cuomo still in the hospital with three broken ribs, punctured lung (which is healing), small cut on spleen (also healing), and is now able to move his toes. Yeah, this attention to detail is borderline creepy but that can happen when you follow a band who enjoys keeping their fans in the loop.

half-n-half

Re: if you want to destroy my tour bus, oh ooo oh ooo oh

Post by half-n-half »

SPIKE wrote:
saratoga jay wrote:Frontman Rivers Cuomo and an assistant were injured when their tour bus plunged 10 feet into a muddy ravine about 40 miles west of Albany, New York...Cuomo's assistant also suffered two fractured ribs and a fractured lower vertebra.
I like the part where Cuomo pushes his assistant out and jumps just before the train hits. But I thought he suffered a puncture in the upper gastric area.
:lol: funny.

SPIKE

Re: if you want to destroy my tour bus, oh ooo oh ooo oh

Post by SPIKE »

saratoga jay wrote:Frontman Rivers Cuomo and an assistant were injured when their tour bus plunged 10 feet into a muddy ravine about 40 miles west of Albany, New York...Cuomo's assistant also suffered two fractured ribs and a fractured lower vertebra.
I like the part where Cuomo pushes his assistant out and jumps just before the train hits. But I thought he suffered a puncture in the upper gastric area.

Left A Slide

Post by Left A Slide »

calexico wrote:
Left A Slide wrote:
wasserboxer wrote:Hell no, you're not the only one. I've been stressed about this especially for this current West Coast tour. OK- I'm selfish.... going to take in the SFO and SCRUZ shows this week. Wifey is even experiencing the same symptoms. We have tried booze to remedy this. Any suggestions?
More booze...

And some Vikes too.
Always...

calexico

Post by calexico »

Left A Slide wrote:
wasserboxer wrote:Hell no, you're not the only one. I've been stressed about this especially for this current West Coast tour. OK- I'm selfish.... going to take in the SFO and SCRUZ shows this week. Wifey is even experiencing the same symptoms. We have tried booze to remedy this. Any suggestions?
More booze...

And some Vikes too.

keith21

Post by keith21 »

Big Weezer fan since I was in middle school, and even support the recent "questionable" material. I hope Rivers gets well soon. The pictures from the incident look awful. Thank god his baby was unharmed.

Left A Slide

Post by Left A Slide »

More booze...

wasserboxer

Post by wasserboxer »

Hell no, you're not the only one. I've been stressed about this especially for this current West Coast tour. OK- I'm selfish.... going to take in the SFO and SCRUZ shows this week. Wifey is even experiencing the same symptoms. We have tried booze to remedy this. Any suggestions?

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

Fuckin A...am I the only one worried about SV on the road?

saratoga jay

if you want to destroy my tour bus, oh ooo oh ooo oh

Post by saratoga jay »

(CNN) -- Members of the rock band Weezer are thankful for their tour bus driver, who significantly reduced the amount of damage in what could have been a much more tragic accident Sunday morning.

Frontman Rivers Cuomo and an assistant were injured when their tour bus plunged 10 feet into a muddy ravine about 40 miles west of Albany, New York, according to a report on the group's Web site.

"The Weezer tour bus carrying Rivers and his family and assistants lost control as it hit a patch of black ice," Weezer's webmaster, Karl Koch, who arrived on the scene 20 minutes after the crash, wrote on the band's official Web site.

"The driver employed every ounce of skill he had in fighting to keep the bus upright, as the vehicle violently fishtailed over the highway. Kudos to the driver for somehow keeping things as level as they could be -- surely this story would have been far more tragic if not for his actions."

The Weezer tour bus, carrying Cuomo, his wife, daughter, their nanny and his assistant, was traveling from Toronto, Ontario, to Boston, Massachusetts, for a Monday night show when it hit black ice. The bus went off the freeway and plunged nearly 10 feet into a muddy ravine, according to Koch's report.

Rivers' wife, Kyoko Ito, their 2-year old daughter, Mia, who was in her crib unit, and the nanny were uninjured. Cuomo was sleeping in the bus's back lounge and was violently tossed around by the impact.

"He recalled not hitting anything, but later we learned that he must have, as he cracked three ribs and sustained some mostly minor but very painful internal damage, as well as hurting his lower leg somehow," Koch wrote.

The front door of the bus was inaccessible because it was covered in 5 feet of mud. Local EMTs used the jaws of life to remove the bus's rear window to reach the injured Cuomo.

Cuomo's assistant also suffered two fractured ribs and a fractured lower vertebra.

According to the report Cuomo is resting comfortably at a hospital in Amsterdam, New York, and will not need surgery. The band has canceled the rest of its December tour dates.