Okemah

dude

Re: Okemah

Post by dude »

All-time favs:

1. Okemah/Search (I can't say one's better than the other)
2. Everything else

Huddybud

Post by Huddybud »

I love Okemah, but then again I love pretty much all of Jay's work. I do agree with you and very much feel that it is an underrated album.

camaroheadus

Post by camaroheadus »

bandages and scars, afterglow 61, jet pilot, atmosphere, chaos streams, endless war are top shelf.

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

no keys, no pedal steel made it more of a straight ahead rock album.

I think Jay was refreshed with Brad Rice and the great bass,drums combo too.

First three are powerful.

All Jay stuff is just different brands of good though

jeffc17

Post by jeffc17 »

Rave on Hank, I agree with you. OATMOR is more straight ahead rock, which is the brand of SV I prefer. Love the country album and the Beatles tribute, but this record had the political emotions and the hard edge, plus I think Brad is more solid on record than Masterson. That said, I can't wait to hear if they can get Walbourne on a recording, he'll sizzle.

Hank Snow

Okemah

Post by Hank Snow »

I am a pretty big fan of the last 3 Son Volt albums, all 3 have great songs and all 3 fit a certain mood I am in at a particular time.

However, I think Okemah, which I am listening to right now, is the best of the 3. There is just something kick ass and incredible about this album, it's songs, the guitar work, the vocals. Every time I listen to it it just continues to impress me.

Of course I think I saw Son Volt live like 10 times during that tour, maybe that helped to cement it in my brain also.

Not that one has to be better than another, or that there has to be a rating system, but damn I really love this album.

Just rambling.