If this man were an American, the story would be different

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Tokyo Fan wrote:
Dr. Zapatos wrote:
Tokyo Fan wrote:Maybe the guy will come to his senses and go after his own government who concocted this silly idea.
Ever had Slovak sashimi?
too witty for me. I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.
Sorry, I cannot take that as neither a Yes or a No.

You never saw that episode of "Fishing with John" where John and James Cameron go fishing in the Danube using the local Bratislavian technique colloquially known as the "Dangerous Pavel" , involving hooks as well as discarded garbage, to form long sentences and eat fish tartar.

Question mark?

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Dr. Zapatos wrote:
Tokyo Fan wrote:Maybe the guy will come to his senses and go after his own government who concocted this silly idea.
Ever had Slovak sashimi?
too witty for me. I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Coffee Creek

Yum! Home cookin'!

Post by Coffee Creek »

peainthepod wrote:
Dr. Zapatos wrote: Ever had Slovak sashimi?
cabbage with a bit of lime juice drizzled over it
remember to floss

pea
:lol:

peainthepod

Post by peainthepod »

Dr. Zapatos wrote: Ever had Slovak sashimi?
cabbage with a bit of lime juice drizzled over it
remember to floss

pea

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Ever had Slovak sashimi?

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

“We feel sorry for the police dog-handler who made the mistake..."

If this is a reference to the Irish police that found the bomb...it sure ain't no mistake! The police handler and dog should be applauded.

Maybe the guy will come to his senses and go after his own government who concocted this silly idea. The possible consequences to this innocent guy, not to mention all of his fellow passengers, etc and etc. are almost endless. This could be a good movie (even if it has already been done).

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

were not george and yortuk festrunk slovaks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9SaKYFR6ms

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Slovakia is a small country. Has a small town charm to it.

I suppose.

calexico

Post by calexico »

That guy should totally sue everyone he can. Even if he can't afford it there would be tons of law firms willing to take this case for the exposure alone. Fucking stupid Slovakian twats. If all the relevant authorities had been informed and this was a proper , serious exercise being run it wouldn't be so bad. Then they had the nerve to ask "please sir, can we have our bomb material back"... :roll:

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

ROCCO! wrote:Isn't that something those evil leeches of society known as lawyers will sue you for?

ROCCO!

Post by ROCCO! »

Isn't that something those evil leeches of society known as lawyers will sue you for?

Linwood Thorpe

Post by Linwood Thorpe »

I will fight you.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Jeez Louise! A lawyer at VC didn't agree either. I am not knocking lawyers. The right to sue is paramount to keeping business, government, etc. under control. Abuses happen. On BOTH sides.

The article struck me as funny and I stand by my belief that your average American would not simpy accept an apology and be on their way. Your average '1-800-ASK-GARY/The world owes me US yahoo' would want to be PAID!

Linwood Thorpe

Post by Linwood Thorpe »

What are you basing this on exactly?

What "payday" are you referring to?

I know, I know...attorneys are evil leeches that exploit our system of laws for their own benefit. Same old song that has been sung by the ignorant for hundreds of years.

In the American system of civil law, you would only be entitled to damages to your reputation, loss of business, emotional distress, etc...By the sounds of this article, this guy isn't suffering from any of that, but somebody else from his country probably would have had a different experience. Its always the clients option to sue...this guy didnt want to, but if somebody else did, that doesn't make them less of a person.

It may be upsetting or damaging for some to have fake bomb materials planted into your belongings without your knowledge by a government agency on an international flight, a mere two weeks or so after the scare in Detroit. If a person sued after that, how on earth could you blame them?

If consumer protections are ignored, somebody is reckless or practicing dangerous behavior, or a government exploits its citizens (or foreign citizens in this case), what other options do you have aside from finding an attorney to advocate for you? Sit and take it? Come on. Like it or not, attorneys are the last resort in these situations.

dcarter

If this man were an American, the story would be different

Post by dcarter »

http://www.spectator.sk/articles/view/3 ... olice.html

An American would want their payday.