not that anyone cares--

Trellis

Post by Trellis »

Really sad, good luck LHoney.
I went through something sad a couple years ago, and found that pretty much the only thing I did right in response to it was to keep going. I felt like hell and obsessed about it for a long time, and decided that since everything I did was going to feel bad regardless, I might as well do those things that feel bad that are good for me, like working out, putting in more time at work, fixing up the house. A highly functioning obsessive! Love makes us strange.

calexico

Post by calexico »

trousersnakeandlarry wrote: Dcarter and his wife are swingers so go spend a weekend with them.
Definitely do not do this because Carter will bore the erection off you with talk of how good Wilco are.

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

Some of the most brilliant minds have battled depression.
It means you are human and thoughtful.
We gotta fight to make a difference while we can, every day or year we have.
Life's a gift. A strange ass gift.
It helps when we have a woman or a child IMO. Purpose.
Sometimes, step outside for a J and remember to laugh.
And remember there's alot of love out there. All it takes is one

AO

Post by AO »

Yeah, and you guys..I know it's easier said than done, but try and forget about these broads.
Same goes for the gals. Eff the douchy guys who hurt you.
Whadda ya gonna do? They obviously weren't that into you or they wouldn't have banged that other broad behind your back. Accept it.
I fully agree with the "just walk away" theory. Romantic love is conditional. That's why it's so hard.
Love for your kid is unconditional.
That's why it's SO MUCH more important never to let your kid get caught up in the crossfire of a romance gone bad.
Shuck, listen to me. TAKE YOUR KID OUT TODAY!
To a movie, or a soda..Just hang out.
Rent a video. Listen to music.
Roll 'Courtship of Eddie's father' style.
He'll have THE BEST TIME and you yourself will feel like living again!
It'll be THAT FUN. And don't let the ex affect you.
If you have to see her to pick up your son, then suck it up.
You are there to see HIM, not her.
Let her go on with the life she choose. I know it's hard, but it's not about her anymore. It's about him.
You're a good dad. Just keep proving it to your son cause he's the only one who matters.
Broads come and go. Your kid is your kid for forever. Believe it.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

men have feelings?

OldSchoolDropout

Post by OldSchoolDropout »

Lew - sorry about the relationship. I'd do the same thing, hang in there brother.

Shuck - I'm not going to tell you " I know how you feel" or been there. But life has handed me a few bad cards and I've dealt with depression mostly due to a chronic illness that has fucked up my quality of life. It took a while but I had to look at what I still had and could do.

Like you, I have children - 2 boys. They are the biggest thing that makes me stop feeling sorry for myself and shows me I have a purpose on this earth. NO child is better off WITHOUT his father, remember that. You need to be there for your son. There is good in this world still, but you have to know how to find it. That is your job as a parent, to teach and show your son how to make his way.

You can't climb out of a dark place in one motion, it takes time. But start on it today, clear your head and get your mind made up you are going to be there for your son. Sometimes you have to just move on from other relationships if they are taking you backwards from where you need to go. Talk to a relative or friend, anybody if it seems to help.
You might be surprised who has been through things and who will relate to your situation. I wish you the best as you move forward -

trousersnakeandlarry

Post by trousersnakeandlarry »

First off, don't beat yourself up over something she did. Second, don't make any apologies for "driving her away" or "not fulfilling her needs" or some crap as that. Do not let her pin this on you. It was her decision to go do that stuff (and most likely she hasn't told you everything). She should have talked to you about it before anything ever happened. The damage is done so kick her ass to the curb and get ready for war.

Make the best of a bad situation and spend some time concentrating on yourself. This means go to the gym and improve your health, take a class in aft, photography, martial arts, guitar, anything that interests you. Go the movies. Catch up with and spend time with friends. Go to some concerts. Dcarter and his wife are swingers so go spend a weekend with them.

Most importantly, remember to email nudes of her skanky ass to your old friend Larry.

Hope you pull through this and don't turn out like that sad sack of shit Shuckowens.

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

damn, there's got to be the makings of a decent country song here somewhere. all we need is a dog and a train. where the hell is conway twitty when we need him.

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

You think you've got something good going for you, and then BANG, it hits you in the face. Shit like this happens, and few see it coming. Best advice is to do some healthy mourning, and then realize that there's plenty of fish in the sea. And that you're not alone. Find hope where you can.

AO

Post by AO »

Hang in there fellas. Lew..I'm real sorry to hear your news. Please cheer up.

Shuck, I know it's the dead of winter and especially cold where you live, but I insist you take your son out for Carvel tomorrow. (does he live local?)
ALL KIDS WANT CARVEL (they have Carvel upstate, right?) If not Carvel, then some other ice cream parlor.
And if not ice cream, then a diner somewhere for a hot chocolate with whipped cream!
Ask him to hang tomorrow. Does the ex give you a hard time about seeing him?
Just show up then. He'd LOVE to see you and be like "Daddy Daddy!" and then the ex won't have a choice but to let you take him out after school (are you allowed..is there an agreement in place that you can't violate?)
If not, then the ice cream thing will be a riot cause you can turn it into a challenge like "I DARE you to eat this ice cream cone even though it's 20 below zero out".
He's a little boy, you KNOW he'll be up for the challenge.
It'll be fun and create a memory for the two of you like, "Hey dad, remember the ice cream cone challenge winter of 2010?..THAT was hilarious dad"!
Please trust me on this. Your son needs you! Once you become a parent, suicide is not an option. It sucks when you are my age so I can't imagine what it must be like when you're as young as Shuck Jr.
Don't be selfish shuck. Please.
Your son is NOT better off without you, Ok? Listen to me.

Please take good care, Lew and Shuck. Thinking of ya.
Your pal,
Andrea

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

Last edited by ShuckOwens on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Left A Slide

Post by Left A Slide »

Sorry about that dude.
Music sure does help in times like that.
Hang tough.

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

Damn, so sorry. :(

Keep to the high road and try not to drink alone brother.

lewhoney

not that anyone cares--

Post by lewhoney »

For the past six months my wife and I have had an amazing sex life and relationship -- now I know why...

I knew she thought someone at work was cute...but...
she told me last night that there was someone at work who she wanted to have sex with. Later went on to say that she has gone out and had with this man and has even kissed him. She assured me that he didn't have interest in her, and that it's over --

Damn, what a fucked up world -- I guess I set myself up for cracks -- but oh, well --

I'm drinking and moving out tomorrow.
Lew, out