Richard Buckner w/Willy Vlautin

mcmoss99

Post by mcmoss99 »

Go to see Willy...Richmond Fontaine is the best thing in music right now and I am just waiting for them to come to Chicago! I might have to book a flight to Portland because I need to see them live already!

calexico

Post by calexico »

Got it myself the other night. Signed by the author himself. Gonna start it this weekend if I can but I'd like to clear the decks of all the other books I have on the go at the moment.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

As much as I like Vlautin's records, especially the Uncle Tupelo inspired Lost Son, I actually prefer his novels. I am really looking forward to his new release, Lean On Pete.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Go see it just to see Vlautin.

RainDog

Post by RainDog »

Richard Buckner owes me $7.50. The first and only time I saw him was in Los Angeles several years ago in a tiny club with Anders Parker. Anders was up first and played an amazing, memorable set. So, that half of the ticket was well worth it. Next, Buckner gets to the stage and immediately starts whining about the sound. I think he got part way through his first song when the audio system made a marginally loud "pop". He threw his guitar onto the floor and walked off the stage, never to reappear. To this day, whenever I bring up Buckner's name, my wife says "God, he's such an asshole!" I hope he's in a better mood when you see him.

zach

Richard Buckner w/Willy Vlautin

Post by zach »

Sat 04.17.10 Brooklyn, NY Union Hall