Neil Young Summer Tour

partyroy

Post by partyroy »

He resurrected "Hitchhiker"? I think he played that once in 1992 and is a great song. Happy to hear it is on a new record!

keith21

Post by keith21 »

Saw the Wallingford show. New songs are, in my opinion, good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK7_NFTo ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjkabhIS ... r_embedded unreleased song from the 70s (obviously shares a verse with Like An Inca from Trans), with updated last verse, apparently for the new record. Good, good shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDn-eTjI ... r_embedded

countryfeedback

Post by countryfeedback »

Just got my ticket for Houston...First row balcony last seat stage left aisle...$59 plux tax and service charge.

Texas Tom

Post by Texas Tom »

more dates..

Tue May 18 Palace Theatre Albany, NY
Wed May 19 Shea's Performing Arts Center Buffalo, NY
Fri May 21 Hanover Theatre Worcester, MA
Sun May 23 Oakdale Theatre Wallingford, CT
Mon May 24 Constitution Hall Washington, DC
Wed May 26 Palace Theatre Louisville, KY
Thu May 27 Knoxville Civic Auditorium Knoxville, TN
Sat May 29 Fox Theatre Atlanta, GA
Sun May 30 Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium Spartanburg, SC
Tue June 1 Ryman Auditorium Nashville, TN
Wed June 2 Ryman Auditorium Nashville, TN
Fri June 4 Jones Hall Houston, TX
Sat June 5 Bass Performance Hall Austin, TX
Mon June 7 Meyerson Symphony Center Dallas, TX

Texas Tom

Post by Texas Tom »

More dates.

June 4 Houston, TX Jones Hall for the Performing Arts
June 5 Fort Worth, TX Bass Performance Hall
June 7 Dallas, TX Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center

Not sure if the 5th is ft worth, or austin...ive seen it listed as both.

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

ScottZeagle wrote:
el caballo loco wrote:I like Lucero and was fortunate to catch them Friday evening opening for DBT. I have no problem with supporting an act that's out there doing what they'd die for, believing till there's no turning back. However, to compare them to Neil Young is laughable on many levels.
I was not trying to compare them as "apples to apples" - I was simply saying that I choose to spend my money on Lucero shows instead of paying the ultra-high Neil Young ticket prices....and let's not even talk about $35 t-shirts!!!!

Your mileage may vary.
I have more Neil t-shirts than Carter has liver pills. I agree that Neil ticket prices are insane. However, I will fork it over every time I get a chance to see him. I do wince when I hit the submit button, but the 48 hour glow I experience in the wake of a Shakey show eases the pain.

ScottZeagle

Post by ScottZeagle »

el caballo loco wrote:I like Lucero and was fortunate to catch them Friday evening opening for DBT. I have no problem with supporting an act that's out there doing what they'd die for, believing till there's no turning back. However, to compare them to Neil Young is laughable on many levels.
I was not trying to compare them as "apples to apples" - I was simply saying that I choose to spend my money on Lucero shows instead of paying the ultra-high Neil Young ticket prices....and let's not even talk about $35 t-shirts!!!!

Your mileage may vary.

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

Fork in the Road is certainly a clunker. While he has laid several eggs along the way, he is a fucking force live. His entire 70's output alone gives him a lifetime free pass on such misses as Fork in the Road, Are You Passionate, Landing on Water, Everybody's Rocking, and Trans. I like Lucero and was fortunate to catch them Friday evening opening for DBT. I have no problem with supporting an act that's out there doing what they'd die for, believing till there's no turning back. However, to compare them to Neil Young is laughable on many levels.

Sorry my English was not so clear to you half. It's a good thing I have dcarter on retainer as a translator. And half... I can't believe that you would find me to be sarcastic.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Fork was poor but as a live show he is always great value for money, I think. He has always been up and down creatively. For every Ragged Glory there was an Are You Passionate and so on. Overall, however, his strike rate is way above .500 if you ask me.

keith21

Post by keith21 »

JWB56 wrote:My beef is that creatively the well seems to have dried up. I thought his last CD, with all those songs about his car, really sucked. The last time I saw him at the Garden and he premiered a few of those bombs, there was no reaction from the crowd, Neil even asked them to clap even if they didn't like them. I thought he was joking. Cough up the bucks... Cough up the bucks.
I don't disagree in regards to Fork in the Road (incidentally I was at that MSG show as well and Neil seemed like he was joking to me), but it's really nothing new. Much of Neil's material has been questionable since at least 1980, and he's always commanded a high ticket price (though I wasn't around I've read of complaints about CSNY's prices on their 1970 tour). Live, he's always great and there's always a chance the new music is gonna be great (like Chrome Dreams II, which I thought overall was fantastic).
It doesn't look like I'll be seeing this tour (a first for me since my first show on the Silver and Gold solo tour) cause I'm flat broke but I would if I could.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

dcarter wrote:
half-n-half wrote:
el caballo loco wrote:The discrepancy in ticket prices between Neil and Lucero is completely justified when you look at it from a talent perspective.
i don't understand this
Unless el caballo's command of English is poor, he is saying that Neil deserves 10 times the ticket price of Lucero due to his being 10 times more talented than Lucero. No disrespect but it's quite clear.
when you put it that way yes. there were too many unknown variables plus the chance of sarcasm.
thank you.

JWB56

Post by JWB56 »

My beef is that creatively the well seems to have dried up. I thought his last CD, with all those songs about his car, really sucked. The last time I saw him at the Garden and he premiered a few of those bombs, there was no reaction from the crowd, Neil even asked them to clap even if they didn't like them. I thought he was joking. Cough up the bucks... Cough up the bucks.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

ScottZeagle wrote:I can see Lucero nearly 10 times for the price of one Neil Young ticket...and I know it will rock.

I love me some Neil, but he has left me behind...I'm supporting the artists who actually need to make money to eat and pay rent...
+1

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

half-n-half wrote:
el caballo loco wrote:The discrepancy in ticket prices between Neil and Lucero is completely justified when you look at it from a talent perspective.
i don't understand this
Unless el caballo's command of English is poor, he is saying that Neil deserves 10 times the ticket price of Lucero due to his being 10 times more talented than Lucero. No disrespect but it's quite clear.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

i don't understand this