Question re Son Volt dvd

countryfeedback

Post by countryfeedback »

roqdawg wrote:
Grifterwithafunnylittleha wrote:Find it and post it. Pretty please. Let's hear the fucked up version that didn't make the cut.

Countryways ... if you don't dig it up, nothing will ever come of it.

Hurry up, get it out there, time is messed up now due to the immediacy of the Internet.

Love,
Boney
If I remember correctly, the retake version of Drown is the one used on the ACL DVD, the original take was used on the TV show that was aired on PBS. I think Jay's mic stand slipped down on the first version and he had to crouch down a bit to sing. They also did a second take of Loose String.

dawg
That is correct! I forgot about Loose String being played twice as well.....Sounds like you were actually there in person? 8)

That must be why you can hear Jay making a joke about asking for a chair...I always wondered what that line was all about.

roqdawg

Post by roqdawg »

Grifterwithafunnylittleha wrote:Find it and post it. Pretty please. Let's hear the fucked up version that didn't make the cut.

Hurry up, get it out there, time is messed up now due to the immediacy of the Internet.

Love,
Boney
If I remember correctly, the retake version of Drown is the one used on the ACL DVD, the original take was used on the TV show that was aired on PBS. I think Jay's mic stand slipped down on the first version and he had to crouch down a bit to sing. They also did a second take of Loose String.

dawg

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

countryfeedback wrote:I have probably told this story before:

I actually have the CD of the entire un-cut performance (they actually played Drown twice, which is not uncommon for bands to play songs more than once to get it right for the TV cut) as it was given to me by ACL producer Terry Lickona...Terry was a regular customer at the cafe I worked at during college at UT and one day he gave me the CD as a gift...Such a great guy!

If I can ever find the damn thing, I will burn it and post it here...But I am sure it is floating around the internet somewhere, so others may be quicker to point you in the right direction.
I am pretty savy and have not been able to find it on the net. You really need to do your fellow JF's a solid and post it ASAP. I will stalk ya until this happens.

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

you'll want to demux your dvd to access the audio files -
http://www.wxfs.org/guides/UsingDVDDecr ... uxaDVD.pdf

Grifterwithafunnylittleha

Post by Grifterwithafunnylittleha »

Find it and post it. Pretty please. Let's hear the fucked up version that didn't make the cut.

Love,
Boney

countryfeedback

Post by countryfeedback »

I have probably told this story before:

I actually have the CD of the entire un-cut performance (they actually played Drown twice, which is not uncommon for bands to play songs more than once to get it right for the TV cut) as it was given to me by ACL producer Terry Lickona...Terry was a regular customer at the cafe I worked at during college at UT and one day he gave me the CD as a gift...Such a great guy!

If I can ever find the damn thing, I will burn it and post it here...But I am sure it is floating around the internet somewhere, so others may be quicker to point you in the right direction.

Grifterwithafunnylittleha

Post by Grifterwithafunnylittleha »

Hey, how's it going (alot of devices for sale here: fuckoff.com),

How about witnessing the format for how it's put out?

Scrape-ing sounds and visuals from native formats changes things.

I really believe in it. And if I love an artist enough, when the artist that I love enough puts out something, I get whatever it takes to listen/see.

So, by my own logic:

Do whatever it takes.

Love,
Ponywhoisgoingtowatchthehorseracethisweekendwithamintjulepsoniciceinmyhand.com

derekf

Re: Question re Son Volt dvd

Post by derekf »

Google DVD Audio Ripper, there are some ok free ones out there. I did it for that and the Orange Peel DVD. It worked fine with the free ones. Good luck.

theshack1990

Question re Son Volt dvd

Post by theshack1990 »

I've been watching the DVD "Austin City Limits: Live From Austin Texas: Son Volt", the one recorded back in 96 and wanted to know if a boot of this performance exists. It's great watching it, no doubt, but it would be even better to listen to it on my ipod. Sure i can load the video onto it, but just rather have the mp3's

Thanks in advance