My band has finally released it's new album!

killerwolf

Post by killerwolf »

I had one guy from Via Chicago actually send me a personal message with an apology and all that, so there are SOME decent folks over there! He was one of the moderators and was actually really cool about the whole thing.
Once again, thanks for any and all moral support!

Grifterwithafunnylittleha

Post by Grifterwithafunnylittleha »

Okay, so I dropped a 't' from my name. What's a real vocabularis to do?

peainthepod

Post by peainthepod »

dcarter wrote:I knew that it would happen. Your ViaChicago thread has been deleted. If only this website were a true community with people that contribute and follow the established protocols, I'd post more often, Jay Farrar and Son Volt wouldn't have their names sullied by association and, most importantly, they'd make more money.

You're a real "asshat". :wink:
seems like a great slogan

Wilco
The Community of "Asshats"

pea

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

wow. i just read that thread from via chicago a few minutes ago and it was just deleted? just under the wire i guess. anyways, to the fellow who started this thread, my hat's off to you. i checked out your tunes and i felt some originality and genuineness. it takes a lot of guts to put yourself out there for self important talentless wannabe prima donnas(not this board, the other one) and bare your soul. yeah, i've been to a couple of wilco's shows and have felt the uber coolness of that little fraternal clique. not my scene.

p.s. carter, are you being sardonic again?

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

I knew that it would happen. Your ViaChicago thread has been deleted. If only this website were a true community with people that contribute and follow the established protocols, I'd post more often, Jay Farrar and Son Volt wouldn't have their names sullied by association and, most importantly, they'd make more money.

You're a real "asshat". :wink:

Left A Slide

Post by Left A Slide »

We really are the best.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Dude, your ViaChicago thread has gotten some more posts. They love you there!

killerwolf

Post by killerwolf »

This whole thread has really got me thinking,
I am GENUINELY interested to hear music created by other people who love Jay's music as much as I do.
If you have a link to an album that you created on cdbaby, or amazon or anything, I would love to hear them and buy some of them.
Being a musician is a tough racket i know!
Please let me know if anyone out here has music that they would like to share. Thanks!

killerwolf

Post by killerwolf »

You know, you guys in here (and I have been a member since I saw Jay solo in Seattle in 2005) are really the greatest, most welcoming people out there!
Why do so many other forums act like such asshole cliques? I am not a freaking spammer or just some asshole trying to be self promoting!
I am genuinely excited about the new music I have created!
The Via Chicago people weren't even the worst. Those fuckers on the My Morning Jacket forum are TOTAL ASSHOLES! They were so rude to me, and acted like such little fanboys..
Thanks again for being to cool and so un-cliquey!

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Good luck with your music. I'll try and give a listen.

I could have predicted the response that your nearly identical post received at ViaChicago, though.

Trellis

Post by Trellis »

Yeah, sounds good!

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

Nice stuff mr. wolf, best of luck to y'all.

killerwolf

Post by killerwolf »

Thanks again for the feedback..I worked my ass off on this project and I am pretty pleased with the results!
I am from Chicago area and my partner on the album lives in Western Colorado...if we make enough connections around the country, hopefully we can start playing all over..
Thank you again! I cannot tell you guys how happy it makes me to know that people are enjoying and appreciating the music I have created...
Also, I will have real cds available very soon (right now it is only available as a digital download)
If you would like to be notified when the real cds are out, please email me
at brownreclusemusic@gmail.com

thanks!

countryfeedback

Post by countryfeedback »

The samples sound great! Let me know if you guys ever make it down to Houston or Austin and I will pass along the good word and try to make it out myself.

killerwolf

Post by killerwolf »

Thanks Jeff for checking it out..I know it is definitely NOT UPTEMPO..the album is a tribute to one of my cousins who died tragically last summer of an overdose, so we werent really in an upbeat, celebratory mood when we created this.
all of the recording an production was done in 2 very simple home studios.
Thanks again for taking the time to check it out!