Last concert you went to?

hardwood floor

Post by hardwood floor »

Blimps Go 90 wrote:Guided By Voices!! Chicago at the Riv last month. Incredible. That lineup was better than they were 16years ago. Was like being in the ring with the champ the "hits" were just coming at you at a feverish pace.
i caught the DC & philly shows

mindblowing

it's a shame bob can't draw any sort of crowd to see his current projects - boston spaceships, etc. - but it was amazing being in a theater full of people singing along to unleashed, pricks, myron, scientist, tractor rape chain, my impression now, etc.

great stuff

manshank

Post by manshank »

Last Night > Rusted Root...........not bad.

manshank

Post by manshank »

Last Night: The Low Anthem opened for Emmylou Harris in Northampton Mass.

Great show. Emmylou did stuff from most ever period of her carrer with an emphasis on Red Dirt Girl/Wrecking Ball.

Low Anthem was their normal stunning self. Cept they lose a bit in a bigger venue. Plus as the opener they only got 45 min plus the people showing late made for distractions.

I don't know about you but I would not be sitting people during a song. They should at least wait till between songs.

Just saying

burningringoffire

Post by burningringoffire »

Billy Bragg
Turner Hall, Milwaukee, WI
September 9, 2010

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

mymanshank: a lot of mid tempo songs with dirgy emphasis(heywood rounded it out); however, a couple of moments kicked it up a notch; a quite fine camaradarie with levon and the gang on 'the weight'.

Roberto

Two Cow Garage

Post by Roberto »

Two Cow Garage last night in MPLS! Such great energy!

manshank

Post by manshank »

How was Ray with his newish band? I Really enjoy his new one...........

sturgeongeneral

a double bill with ray lamontagne(with the transcendent eric heywood) and the levon helm band(with a rousing rendition of ophelia---ala the last waltz)

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

Blimps Go 90 wrote:Guided By Voices!! Chicago at the Riv last month. Incredible. That lineup was better than they were 16years ago. Was like being in the ring with the champ the "hits" were just coming at you at a feverish pace.
that's fucking great! wish i was there! hope they do some albums together again!

Blimps Go 90

Post by Blimps Go 90 »

Guided By Voices!! Chicago at the Riv last month. Incredible. That lineup was better than they were 16years ago. Was like being in the ring with the champ the "hits" were just coming at you at a feverish pace.

sturgeongeneral

bobby lee rogers trio and j.j. grey & mofro; some quite cool & talented cats. a whammy jammy day was had by all.

Grifterwithafunnylittleha

Post by Grifterwithafunnylittleha »

Verlon Thompson singing under matriarch oaks on the farm in Tallahassee, FL ...

Sturgeon, GDavis and DCarter - wish you could all be here. Bring a camp chair for a Legendary Friday Night with Verlon ...

Grifter

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

Jucifer at Fubar this Friday. Throned In Blood live!
http://www.myspace.com/jucifer

pdg

Post by pdg »

partyroy wrote:Very upbeat and almost techno/electronic at times. The new stuff was much better live than on the album. It was all a bit more stripped down making them easier to digest. He used to be so shy when he came out, almost like he only played because he had to, but he clearly enjoyed himself much more this time. He looked very excited to be out there. He puts a ton of work into the visuals and orchestrating all the music, visual, and syncopated dance stuff with the girls. The sound of his last two tours has been magnificent as well, but the venues play a big role there. If you can even tolerate the new album, the current shows are great. There are tons of vids on youtube and even a nice recording on dime. Despite my questioning his direction on this album, the guy is a creative genius and workaholic. The first time I saw him there were only a couple hundred people there, this time 3000+ seats sold out in minutes so he has done something right!
I caught Sufjan last weekend in L.A. My experience was similar - great show and very entertaining. He did play a few songs from his *other* new album, the folk All Delighted People EP.

manshank

Post by manshank »

Good to hear.....thank you