Guitar purchase

Kerbdogma

Post by Kerbdogma »

Just a thought, my Yamaha Revstar has awful sound.

I wouldn't recommend.

Good Post JR29, somewhere

gilaqebimo

Nice

Post by gilaqebimo »

A PHP and all items ache been done for the students. The round of the figure and best paper writer is put forward for the people. The range is set forth with the approval of the identification of the blogs in life.
Last edited by gilaqebimo on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

trailrider

Post by trailrider »

Check out Takamine's, too.

Also, bring a buddy. Have him/her play the guitar for you and stand out in front. Guitars sound remarkably different from that vantage point than they do when you are playing them.

Thomas_J_Foolery

Post by Thomas_J_Foolery »

Awesome. Thanks to all for your input. Will be shopping around for sure. I've actually been playing a haromony 3/4 archtop made in 1930's ! My other gear is packed away, so this guitar has been my house instrument for some time. I picked it up in a small place and it sounded very warm and was easy to play (action set up low to the fretboard) for an arch.

Appreciate the feedback.

Terraplane

Post by Terraplane »

If you have access to a good store or stores, play as many as you can get your hands on. Tone & neck comfort & size & playing style are all subjective factors, so find one that speaks to you.

In that price range, Martin's 15 series offers excellent, all solid wood (mahogony) guitars. I've had a D15 for nearly 10 years. (I think Jay played a 15 series a few years ago). Martin's 16 series is also excellent. Not sure what Taylor has at that price point new, but they are popular. Canadian-made Seagull guitars are excellent, too, for even less than your stated price range.

I'll be interested to hear what you find; let us know.

bensco

guitar

Post by bensco »

cigar box.

jay's_goatee

Post by jay's_goatee »

half-n-half wrote:Esteban
This.

If not, Martin D-15 ($950). Right now Musiciansfriend.com will sell you one for 15% off if you order this weekend.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

Esteban

Highwater61

Post by Highwater61 »

Epiphone Masterbilt Series.

trousersnakeandlarry

Post by trousersnakeandlarry »

I have always liked the Alvarez acoustic guitars. I am not a great guitar player by any means and my current one is a D series acoustic.

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

Shop around, play different instruments. Martins or Taylors in that price range would be a good place to start.

Thomas_J_Foolery

Guitar purchase

Post by Thomas_J_Foolery »

For all you musicians / guitarist out there....If you had between $750 and $1,000 to spend on an acoustic guitar, what would you buy? I've been playing for several years and want to upgrade to a nicer instrument. Any advice or suggestions? Used vs New ?