Short Article/Video

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

Speaking of Faces, Woodie is putting out a solo deal...no doubt Vodka, Russian 20 year old influenced...sample track
http://www.ronniewood.com/album_promo.aspx
sounds Faces-like....which got me re-reading that Hoboken Patch interview with Jay and his Faces comments. Jay says some funny, witty shit.

"Granted, he's rarely been photographed smiling. His songs are bleak. But, if you listen carefully to his asides, you'll see that Farrar knows how to deliver one liners. In anticipation of his June 4 performance in Maxwell's, Patch talked to the legendary musician. When asked if he ever heard from Neil Young, after recording a scorching cover of Young's, "Like A Hurricane."
Farrar: "Well, I did hear from his management people. They wanted to make sure we were paying Neil his royalties."

ask Farrar, if he sees any similarity today, to those musically-forlorn 1980s, when he and his partner Jeff Tweedy toured as Uncle Tupelo.
"It's sort of spooky," he says. "But it's remarkably similar. Back then, there weren't too many organic rock bands and radio was terrible. Anything good pretty much was underground. It's not any different right now."

Talus

Post by Talus »

"eloquent axeman"

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

keith21 wrote:Yo yo,
I am here in the big city. Trying my best to make it to Saturday's show. It's a walk from my place, just got to make sure the wife doesn't pull me out of town for the weekend.
You have great taste in locales...I love the greater Solana/LaJolla region and the greater Brooklyn-Queens area

Enjoy the show

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

I hope Jay was kidding with his Faces comment. No Rod Stewart and even worse no Ronnie Lane.

This guy is right...

http://www.adioslounge.com/2010/05/face ... horse.html

danmen

Post by danmen »

Seriously, you are posting music related posts?
Lesser folks have been banned for this.

keith21

Post by keith21 »

Yo yo,
I am here in the big city. Trying my best to make it to Saturday's show. It's a walk from my place, just got to make sure the wife doesn't pull me out of town for the weekend.

HEAVEN MUST BE LEARNED

Post by HEAVEN MUST BE LEARNED »

Thanks for article-but label-less?? The rounder deal sure didnt last long.

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

Thanks Derek

Hey Stretch, you lead guitar noodler....article says

"No vocals from Jay. Just lots of great pedal steel noodling"

How you been? Still traveling too much and gigging when you can?

And where did Gob Bluth end up now that he left Carlsbad?
Last edited by megaballs1 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.