St. Louis, 7/17

Muddy Waters

Post by Muddy Waters »

That was Kim Massie I believe who you saw...shes great.....think the Koko Taylor of St. Louis....

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

first off...happy father's day! i'm glad i didn't cary the evening on further but i wish i had met some of the travelers who came to this fair city - CC, LR, IPV, etc and some of the yokels. i confused the Whiskey Tango Republican with two people based on the van dyke icon but over all i had no problem making friends with strangers. also present were a few brethren who are part of the musical fabric of this town. over all it was like the 4th of July....love like the 4th of July. the musical catalog keeps getting huge and i am sincerely indebted to the future genius Jay and family produces. the last thing about this show for me was i am glad i didn't wear my Anders Parker concert shirt because someone else had teh same shirt.

Coffee Creek

Just right.

Post by Coffee Creek »

I echo the above. It was a great night of music.

That was my first time at the Old Rock House. I liked it.

I'm sorry that I didn't get to meet (or re-meet) anyone Thursday night. I looked around for you, LF. There were a couple guys I thought might be you, but I wasn't sure. I was up in the balcony for the end of the show ... we might have been right there and not known it.

Anyway ... I hope everyone had fun. It looked like the crowd was enjoying everything. I know I was.

We went to the Broadway Oyster Bar after the show. There was a band playing there and we caught the end of their set. Then to a (new?) place across the street. It had some great street food (brats and polish sausages and such) out front. There was a Blues band playing in there. We were able to catch a few songs of their last set. The woman singing was a "sit down and sing ... sweat (fan yourself) ... and then sing some more" kinda Blues singin' lady. It was a good time.

I bought a 24oz PBR at that place. The only reason I bought it was that they were offering a beer cooler, coozie, huggy -- whatever you might call it (what DO you all call it?) that was designed for a 24oz beer and imprinted with the PBR logo. I'd never seen a 24oz beer can sleeve keep cold dealy. I typically don't drink 24oz beers. So ... well ... maybe I'll see if it will fit my Nalgene bottle? (I probably shouldn't be drinking out of my old Nalgene bottles. Hmmmm?)

I rarely fail to have a good night in St. Louis. It's a whole lot cooler of a town that it gets credit for.

Thanks to all those who played and sang.

I can't wait for next time.

CC

P.S.

I didn't see Beatle Bob at the show. Is Farrar off of his must see list?

lpv

Post by lpv »

Great show- always worth the drive.

I really enjoyed Farrar and Hunt's set. I didn't know it was Jay's brother until someone told me midway in the set. The encore with all four guys was really great.

Still be Around....still a fav, Mark's playing on it was awesome.

Jay=dreamy!

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

'Twas a little warm and sticky up in the balcony, but goddamn Mark can play. Highlight though was Jay's harmonica work on San Francisco. Melted my face right off.

The new wife got to see him for the first time. So so glad she saw him first with Mark. She was hooked before, but now she's full bore in the Jay Train.

Not a big fan of the reworked Still Be Around, hope that doesn't make me a hater.

Dev, Jay was kissed. Long and hard. ;)

unchartedthickets

i never found those old suede vans or anyone else from the board but i was still at church. farrar is god.

Coffee Creek

Just sayin'.

Post by Coffee Creek »

Oh ... and I have a goatee/mustache combo. (Too hot for a full beard ... sorry. :wink: )

Coffee Creek

Seeya at the show!

Post by Coffee Creek »

I'm going to head out in a few.

I doubt I'll make it to the show early.

But, if you see me at the show ... come up and say hi.

I'm 6'3" ... brown, ear length, everywhere hair ... I'll be wearing a green t-shirt with Bourbon Knights (a local band) on the front ... and a cartoon blurb/bubble with "Social" printed in it ... a pair of dark khaki cargo shorts ... and (for Half) a 13 year old pair of light brown, suede Vans.

I hope to meet some of you that I haven't and re-meet some that I have (LF and others).

Have fun.

See you there!

CC (John)

dbengr69

Post by dbengr69 »

is it july already?

i'll be there....

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

yea!
great there is a show. but darn it if i'm not excited
to hear what everyone has on!

crowlan2

Post by crowlan2 »

Lawrence Fan wrote:Toying with going here beforehand:

http://www.mattinglybrewing.com/

That or BBH or maybe The Tap Room. Undecided.
This place is right around the corner from Old Rock House. A great little microbrewery. Probably be there 6:30-8ish.

Square One Brewery
http://www.squareonebrewery.com/

unchartedthickets

Re: I'll be the one that looks like me.

Coffee Creek wrote:I'm not sure how early I can make it up there. I'll be coming from Carbondale in the late afternoon ... I have a stop in Columbia (across the river from STL) ... then going with friends to STL. I'll see if I can make it by eight.

Early or late in my arrival ... I'll try to post a description of what I'm wearing (wouldn't want Lawrence fan showing up with the same shoes as me) to the show before I leave the 'Dale ... if anyone recognizes me there ... come say hi and let's have a beer/drink of your liking.

Either way ... enjoy the show ... I'm sure I will.

CC
god forbid the same shoes...but even if that happens i'll still say hi and have another drink....and yes, enjoy the show! Carbondale's a good drive
and with all those stops I wouldn't sweat it. Just come on over!

Coffee Creek

I'll be the one that looks like me.

Post by Coffee Creek »

I'm not sure how early I can make it up there. I'll be coming from Carbondale in the late afternoon ... I have a stop in Columbia (across the river from STL) ... then going with friends to STL. I'll see if I can make it by eight.

Early or late in my arrival ... I'll try to post a description of what I'm wearing (wouldn't want Lawrence fan showing up with the same shoes as me) to the show before I leave the 'Dale ... if anyone recognizes me there ... come say hi and let's have a beer/drink of your liking.

Either way ... enjoy the show ... I'm sure I will.

CC

unchartedthickets

Lawrence Fan wrote:Toying with going here beforehand:

http://www.mattinglybrewing.com/

That or BBH or maybe The Tap Room. Undecided.
Mattingly is good, Tap Room is good and they're about the same distance away...not sure what BBH is. if my friends are working the bar at the Tap Room then that's where i'll be.