Hecklers

Talus

Post by Talus »

A friend of mine was at a Pink Floyd concert many years ago and came up with the concept of " Clap for the Pig." Floyd had a big inflatable pig that flew over the stadium. Many people left after the pig. That's what they came to see. The concept evolved into being anything that would get an automatic crowd responce, such as the line "Steal your Face Right off of your Head" at a Dead show. It's an awesome concept with roots in some sort of crowd mentality thing. Not quite the same as the song yelling thing, but I'm sure there's some relationship...

Long Slow Fade

Post by Long Slow Fade »

At the last Memphis show I was the guy who hollered "Don't play Whiskey Bottle!!" during a quiet moment. Jay just kinda looked down at me, grinned and made an "okay, I won't" gesture.

B-bender

Post by B-bender »

Skynyrd where one of the first bands I got into when I was 11/12, then along came punk. It was either listen to my sisters skynyrd collection or my folks carpenters collection.

Godsownsinger

Post by Godsownsinger »

Skynard makes me smell meth, and my eyes get big!! 8)

woodtype

Post by woodtype »

It would be more like:

Heckler (a.k.a. That Guy, a.k.a. Enthusiastic Dumb Fan):

"Faces with dollar sign smiles!," he/she screams during the musical silence between songs.

B-bender

Post by B-bender »

I'd disagree, the dictionary definition of heckling is "to ply with embarresing (sp?) questions"
Pretty embarasing from everyones point of view I would've thought, or are you a secret "whiskey bottle" shouter?

princess buttercup

Post by princess buttercup »

i wouldn't call them Hecklers....just overenthusiastic fans who are too stupid to learn anything about the band. that guy will always be there

woodtype

worse is that one guy..

Post by woodtype »

...i think the people who yell out a section of lyric instead of song name. can't really stomach that one.

just dont be that guy.

carlos

Post by carlos »

I honestly can't stomach them at all. Never have. Serious indigestion.

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

Man I don't discount for a second how good skynard were, and how important and influential they are in the whole rock history thing, I just simply cannot listen to that stuff. It is NOT at all my thing. Can't stand it. Is it just me?

carlos

Post by carlos »

Oohhh that smell...

B-bender

Post by B-bender »

If only there was more like you and me.
"GIMME THREE STEPS"!!!!

smoke

Post by smoke »

b-bender...I've been in more than a few rumbles myself and I would like to volunteer my services along side you to beat the fuck out of any jerk off that yells Freebird. Between the two of us, we should make concert-going a more pleasant experience.

B-bender

Hecklers

Post by B-bender »

I'm working with a band who are playing on the same stage as wilco at a festival here in Ireland. I was wondering if there was an official way of deciding who the bozo is that spends the entire gig shouting "whiskey bottle" at every opportunity. I would just like to put myself up for the position as I will be able to do it from the side of the stage, thus making the request a bit more "official"
Alternatively I could use my position of power to run on (in disguise) and scribble it on the end of the set-list.