This is how it goes

el caballo loco

Re: This is how it goes

Post by el caballo loco »

calexico wrote:
el caballo loco wrote:
calexico wrote:Records. Hmm, I was given a turntable for a present. Fitted in well to the stereo system that I already had. Could do with a speaker upgrade but that is in the future. I have ONE vinyl album. One solitary album. I also got that as a present. Whiskeytown's Stranger's Almanac double vinyl re-issue.
That's a good one to kick things off. You'll be in rehab soon enough. :lol:
Yeah, I probably will. Expensive habit though eh? There is nowhere near me that sells vinyl so it will be a mostly online pursuit but the prices are steep on some sites.
With no local used stores in your immediate vicinity, it can get expensive. I have 2 local shops where I can get some good stuff for $5 or less.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

calexico wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:So I'm off work the rest of the year. I will spend my time putting together my kids toys, recovering from a month long cold, listening to records, watching shows I recorded on DVR and drinking. How about you?
Records. Hmm, I was given a turntable for a present. Fitted in well to the stereo system that I already had. Could do with a speaker upgrade but that is in the future. I have ONE vinyl album. One solitary album. I also got that as a present. Whiskeytown's Stranger's Almanac double vinyl re-issue.
Yeah, records are good. My local vinyl shop just announced they are going out of business. I am buying up all types of stuff from there. I usually stick with buying stuff I already have on cd/digital.

calexico

Post by calexico »

el caballo loco wrote:
calexico wrote:Records. Hmm, I was given a turntable for a present. Fitted in well to the stereo system that I already had. Could do with a speaker upgrade but that is in the future. I have ONE vinyl album. One solitary album. I also got that as a present. Whiskeytown's Stranger's Almanac double vinyl re-issue.
Yeah, I probably will. Expensive habit though eh? There is nowhere near me that sells vinyl so it will be a mostly online pursuit but the prices are steep on some sites.

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

trying to capture that quite elusive moment of zen.

...and the seasons they go round and round
and the painted ponies go up and down
we're captive on the carousel of time
we can't return we can only look behind
from where we came
and go round and round and round
in the circle game...

el caballo loco

calexico

Post by calexico »

gdavis5446 wrote:So I'm off work the rest of the year. I will spend my time putting together my kids toys, recovering from a month long cold, listening to records, watching shows I recorded on DVR and drinking. How about you?
Records. Hmm, I was given a turntable for a present. Fitted in well to the stereo system that I already had. Could do with a speaker upgrade but that is in the future. I have ONE vinyl album. One solitary album. I also got that as a present. Whiskeytown's Stranger's Almanac double vinyl re-issue.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

manshank wrote:depends on the town...........the Southern 1/4 has for the most part already been taken over by the talking type..............our state is slowly becoming another Jackson Hole
"nuthin' wrong with quiet".
-Jerimiah Johnson

manshank

Post by manshank »

depends on the town...........the Southern 1/4 has for the most part already been taken over by the talking type..............our state is slowly becoming another Jackson Hole

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

manshank wrote:Hi Halfy: so how'd you like Vermont?

PS > the ones that spoke to ya................arent from here

is that what Vermont is like?

criminals

Post by criminals »

Got the Son Volt ACL DVD from my bro for xmas.

Man, I miss that lineup. Dave Boquist is a talented mo fo.

manshank

Post by manshank »

Hi Halfy: so how'd you like Vermont?

PS > the ones that spoke to ya................arent from here

Frig......................there goes the plow again

Shoveling the rest of the day and than pretty much like GDavis for the remainder of the week.

Going to see The Seven Walkers tomorrow night which I'm pretty stoked for...........well will be............LOL

Hopefully having a New Years Eve fire this year but today may have put a damper on that one

Grifterwithafunnylittleha

Get on the bench, team

Post by Grifterwithafunnylittleha »

My sister-in-law just yelled at me around the backyard fire. Asked why I haven't said a word to her in four weeks, even when I've basically said, 'Hello' to everyone else who has walked in the front door.

Thisisgettingabsurd,

Pony

trailrider

Post by trailrider »

Heading out of the office real soon - might go grab a beer with a buddy and so I'm waiting to hear from him or I'd be gone.

Decorate tree tonight or tomorrow. Presents for my baby girls, but just me and the fam for the weekend. Maybe I'll fix my temeramental wah tomorrow. Going to the Raider game on Sunday and back to work on Monday.

Four-day weekend for NY, though. Having some friends up to our mountain place for that and should get my first day of skiing in for the year.

Have a fun and safe holiday season, Boarders.

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

half-n-half wrote:Going to a place that’s far, so far away and if that’s not enough
Going where nobody says hello, they don’t talk to anybody they don’t know
Don't do that!

el caballo loco