New at the cinema (subjective spoilers/one word reviews)

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

calexico wrote:
Lawrence Fan wrote:
BoogieMan wrote:
calexico wrote:Ostensibly a ballet movie....FAIL. Also a movie by Darren Aronfsky, starring Vincent Cassel....massive WIN.
I'm not sure what to say about this movie. Heard about it 2 days ago, and it sounded like something not worth seing (Natalie Portman isn't known for great acting or good movies).
WHAT? Throw out Star Wars and her body of work is superior. Great actress.
Watched her movie Beautiful Girls last night. Great story, loved it.
I KNOW!! The movie itself was pretty good (although Rosie O'Donell?? Really?) but the interplay between Portman and Hutton was just great. Just great stuff. And this was all after The Professional. I just can't get me enough of my ex-future-wife-Natalie-Portman.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Lawrence Fan wrote:
BoogieMan wrote:
calexico wrote:Ostensibly a ballet movie....FAIL. Also a movie by Darren Aronfsky, starring Vincent Cassel....massive WIN.
I'm not sure what to say about this movie. Heard about it 2 days ago, and it sounded like something not worth seing (Natalie Portman isn't known for great acting or good movies).
Watched her movie Beautiful Girls last night. Great story, loved it.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

BoogieMan wrote:

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

I saw 127 hours. Not good at all.

Was looking at IMDB and it had a very high rating. The whole "based on a true story" shit seems make people think it is good. Danny Boyle is not so good.

ScottZeagle

Post by ScottZeagle »

The American - Terrible

True Grit - Good

Salt - Incomplete

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

Black Swan was intensely good. Dark and beautiful. Natalie has outdone herself with this one.

I recommend it.

Warning: May be a little too lesbian-y for some of you guys.

(I couldn't even type that without giggling)

So yeah, go see it. Winona Ryder plays quite the fallen-starlet train-wreck, appropriately. I think she's making a comeback. She pales next to Natalie though, who totally OWNS this role. She's magical.

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

I'm not sure what to say about this movie. Heard about it 2 days ago, and it sounded like something not worth seing (Natalie Portman isn't known for great acting or good movies). Then I realized it was made by the Aronofsky dude, so I watched it last night. Weird movie.

danmen

Post by danmen »

half-n-half wrote:
danmen wrote:
half-n-half wrote:meh. i cant be bothered with black swan, solely based on the rediculous grudge I hold due to the fact she dated my boyfriend Gael Garcia Bernal.

Page me Gael!
Your BFF was in a couple of good movies wasn't he? The one where he was Che and the other one where he made out with the dude (what was that called?!)
I dont remember what that movie was. (I'll ask him when he wakes up).
he was pretty good in motorcycle diaries, however i really enjoyed Benecio del torros turn as Che.

speaking of movies....did anyone get to see The Human Centipede?
See it if you dare..... :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX8fKLjC__c
Y Tu Mamá También

Good road trip film - this is the one I couldn't remember.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

danmen wrote:
half-n-half wrote:meh. i cant be bothered with black swan, solely based on the rediculous grudge I hold due to the fact she dated my boyfriend Gael Garcia Bernal.

Page me Gael!
Your BFF was in a couple of good movies wasn't he? The one where he was Che and the other one where he made out with the dude (what was that called?!)
I dont remember what that movie was. (I'll ask him when he wakes up).
he was pretty good in motorcycle diaries, however i really enjoyed Benecio del torros turn as Che.

speaking of movies....did anyone get to see The Human Centipede?
See it if you dare..... :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX8fKLjC__c

danmen

Post by danmen »

Page me Gael!

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

Lawrence Fan wrote:Black Swan, Halfy? Now that I can cross Natalie Portman off my list of future wives, maybe I can be a little more objective watching her films.
Black Swan - Wow! :shock: :o
Went based on the reccomendation of a friend. This ain't yer grandma's "ballet' movie.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

meh. i cant be bothered with black swan, solely based on the rediculous grudge I hold due to the fact she dated my boyfriend Gael Garcia Bernal.

Page me Gael!

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

The Fighter. It's as good as advertised.

danmen

Post by danmen »

agrimm wrote:Hold me, like you did by the lake on Naboo
Hey, that was George Lucas and Co. - not much anyone could do with that line. Loved her in Garden State, etc.

agrimm

Post by agrimm »

Hold me, like you did by the lake on Naboo