New at the cinema (subjective spoilers/one word reviews)

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

Impossible-engaging, nervewracking.

Flight-disappointing cliched p.o.s.

Gideon

Post by Gideon »

I like your fantastic post very much because I a,m so much interested about any kind of new cinema. Really I enjoy nice story movies so much.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

Parental Guidance - Crystal light

Les Miserables - #tedious

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

Killing them softly. Great character acting by actors i wasnt familiar with. Huge can of whoop ass laid out on ray liotta. James gandolfinis parts kinda dragged for me. Brad pitt keeps his clothes on. :( not much into ganstery films, but liked it allright.

pdg

Post by pdg »

The Other Son - timely film in terms of story telling excellence and recent political unrest in the West Bank. One of the finest films this year.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

Lawrence Fan wrote:
pdg wrote:Lincoln - people not into US history may find this one dull and slow, but I found the dialog very intriguing. Daniel Day-Lewis pulls off another amazing performance. No vampires were slayed.
America's got no talent. Both Lincoln and Ulysses S Grant played by Londoners.

Great performance by Lewis, will probably win the Oscar. Sally Field and Tommy Lee Jones do a great job as well.
cautoin i'm tipsy.

Im' ocd about sally firle. it pains me to ty[e her name. anywqy. it was a big spoiler for me when i saw her hideous mug in the previews for lincoln. and danie day lewis yer... head is so big in lincoln i dunno.
your linconl head looks like kentucky if it was turned -90 degress.
sorry evyornone.. i'm not drunk, just carelss.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

pdg wrote:Lincoln - people not into US history may find this one dull and slow, but I found the dialog very intriguing. Daniel Day-Lewis pulls off another amazing performance. No vampires were slayed.
America's got no talent. Both Lincoln and Ulysses S Grant played by Londoners.

Great performance by Lewis, will probably win the Oscar. Sally Field and Tommy Lee Jones do a great job as well.

pdg

Post by pdg »

Lincoln - people not into US history may find this one dull and slow, but I found the dialog very intriguing. Daniel Day-Lewis pulls off another amazing performance. No vampires were slayed.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

pdg wrote:The Sessions - Great bio pic. Helen Hunt full nudity worth the admission. Her horrible attempt at a Boston accent, not so much. John Hawkes should get a Best Actor nod.
Laughable accent. It'd be nice to see William H. Macy in more films.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

I could see the water just running down between the seats.
It was just a flood of urine pouring down.
The girls, all the girls in the audience, were wetting themselves.
Girls wet themselves when they get excited."

Bill Wyman
"Crossfire Hurricane"

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

Silver Linings Playbook-have not read book. Didnt know what to expect save for bradley coopers pretty boy antics, however he wasnt that bad playing "crazy". De niro wasnt nauseating either. Jennifer lawrence is a goddess! Chris tucker was interesting. Movie seemed to have two distinct parts, one was more engaging for me. A must see for Philadelphia Eagles fans. Sorry so long.

pdg

Post by pdg »

half-n-half wrote:
pdg wrote:The Sessions - Great bio pic. Helen Hunt full nudity worth the admission. Her horrible attempt at a Boston accent, not so much. John Hawkes should get a Best Actor nod.
i was real excited to see this till i heard who the female lead was...Helen "horse face" Hunt. the unique subject matter and John Hawkes will probaly get me to the theatre anyway.
I have to admit, I don't care for Hunt's acting. Her "horse face" (as you call it) has not aged well. But her body is like that of swimmer. Quite impressive for a 49/50 year old woman.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

i was real excited to see this till i heard who the female lead was...Helen "horse face" Hunt. the unique subject matter and John Hawkes will probaly get me to the theatre anyway.

pdg

Post by pdg »

The Sessions - Great bio pic. Helen Hunt full nudity worth the admission. Her horrible attempt at a Boston accent, not so much. John Hawkes should get a Best Actor nod.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

Argp-civil unrest still. Enough already! 70's fashions were groovy!