will we ever get to hear the rumored woody stuff from jay...

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

if i had a hammer for every gopher mote i came across............

Coffee Creek

Good stuff!

Post by Coffee Creek »

unchartedthickets wrote:
half-n-half wrote:
unchartedthickets wrote:
half-n-half wrote:when i wear my anders parkers Vox Clamantis In Deserto t-shirt,
i feel like
a) a girl scout/park ranger
b) in on a secret
c) smart. cuz not many people know latin.

:wink:
that's the shirt!

Dartmouth's motto, chosen by Eleazar Wheelock, is "Vox Clamantis in Deserto". The Latin motto is literally translated as "The voice of one crying in the wilderness",[167][168] but is more often rendered as "A voice crying in the wilderness",[169] which attempts to translate the synecdoche of the phrase. The phrase appears five times in the Bible and is a reference to the College's location on what was once the frontier of European settlement.
wonder twins power activated!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mhbxlz_ ... r_embedded
:lol:

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

half-n-half wrote:
unchartedthickets wrote:
half-n-half wrote:when i wear my anders parkers Vox Clamantis In Deserto t-shirt,
i feel like
b) in on a secret

that's the shirt!

Dartmouth's motto, chosen by Eleazar Wheelock, is "Vox Clamantis in Deserto". The Latin motto is literally translated as "The voice of one crying in the wilderness",[167][168] but is more often rendered as "A voice crying in the wilderness",[169] which attempts to translate the synecdoche of the phrase. The phrase appears five times in the Bible and is a reference to the College's location on what was once the frontier of European settlement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mhbxlz_ ... r_embedded

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

sturgeongeneral wrote:meddling minions mindlessly undermine mysteries of the tune;
while the restorative salve of melismatic redemption manifested by our appointed minstrels heal our wounded circle of believers
word(s)

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

sturgeongeneral wrote:meddling minions mindlessly undermine mysteries of the tune;
while the restorative salve of melismatic redemption manifested by our appointed minstrels heal our wounded circle of believers
Got a poison headache but I feel alright

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

unchartedthickets wrote:
i feel like
b) in on a secret

that's the shirt!

unchartedthickets

i feel like
b) in on a secret

that's the shirt!

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

meddling minions mindlessly undermine mysteries of the tune;

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

when i wear my anders parkers Vox Clamantis In Deserto t-shirt,
i feel like
b) in on a secret

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

sturgeongeneral wrote:i'm presently wearing my anders parker tell it to the dust t shirt and also listening obsessively to dylan's blonde on blonde. visions of johanna is playing in my head. i also recently had this somewhat interesting conversation with malcolm holcombe about song writing. all in all it seems more than a mere coincidence these types of events would line up. good things are about to occur.
+1,2,3,4

unchartedthickets

every time i wear my Anders Parker t-shirt i feel like a minor super hero,
captain wtf. my soundtrack is, where the fuck's my wallet.

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

i'm presently wearing my anders parker tell it to the dust t shirt and also listening obsessively to dylan's blonde on blonde. visions of johanna is playing in my head. i also recently had this somewhat interesting conversation with malcolm holcombe about song writing. all in all it seems more than a mere coincidence these types of events would line up. good things are about to occur.

dbengr69

Post by dbengr69 »

i wish i was on break.

farewellangelina

Post by farewellangelina »

dbengr69 wrote:i dream a wonderous tour.....a la monsters of folk, only cooler 'cause jay and anders would be there.
YES. And a third of it will take place in every village, mountain, and farm in NORWAY.

Please come true, Dream, please come true.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Jay is like Ross and Rachel, on a break.