I bet they have some kick ass band up there...

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

You're Irish?

:shock:

I grew up with Gary Moore, first as a solo artist and then as a member of Thin Lizzy, RIP.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

That is truly awful news. Going to rock some Black Rose today.

tele

Post by tele »

Well put indeed, going to put on Live and Dangerous (vinyl) as a tribute. That band meant alot to me and a real shame about a great player like Gary Moore.

Cholo

Post by Cholo »

Nice one, very well put

calexico

I bet they have some kick ass band up there...

Post by calexico »

I just thought I would chip in with how bummed I am that Gary Moore has died in Spain in the early hours of Sunday morning. I know a lot of people hold a great deal of affection for classic Thin Lizzy and Gary was a big part of that even though he only completed one album as part of the group.

Ya know, growing up in Ireland at the ass end of the 70s as a rock fan was no fucking fun. No one and nothing came to tour here and we as a country were as back assward as you've ever seen. Even I was amazed at the shithole I had landed in as a 12/13 year old arriving in from NYC.

I became a huge fan of what is probably now termed classic rock and all my guitar heroes were the usual suspects. Blackmore, Clapton, Iommi, Lifeson. Thing is all those guys were only ever seen in the pages of NME, Sounds and Melody Maker. The only thing that kept us rock fans from withering on the vine in those days were bands like Lizzy, Horslips and people like Van Morrison and Rory Gallagher. They played around Ireland every year without fail. In every shithole imaginable. They brought it to the people and for that I will be forever grateful.

Rory, Gary, Scott Gorham, Brian Robertson....those were guys I could connect with more than the guys I mentioned cause I got to see them up close and personal on an annual basis. Those guys and their bands fed the gnawing hunger of rock in my soul and for thousands of others. Phil, Gary, Rory...all gone now but never forgotten and even now as a sore, achy and fat 45 year old your music can transport me back to a time when it seemed like we could do anything.

But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep...R.I.P Gary Moore.