stupid and perhaps a nosey question

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

there's always going to be a difference of opinion in a democratic environ.
people tend to get a little hurtful or pointed when they know you cant outright give'm a knuckle sandwich. words...it's all words. i've been guilty too.

lewhoney

Post by lewhoney »

sweet, thanks --

the responses reminded me of why I miss this board and also why I never come here anymore--

lew

stablew

Post by stablew »

This reminds me of this Juliet, Naked book I read recently.

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

unchartedthickets wrote:if you start disguising yourself as a lawn mower, you've got serious problems.
I think most people would agree on that. However, it would be very impressive to pull that off successfully.

unchartedthickets

if you start disguising yourself as a lawn mower, you've got serious problems.

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Come on people, what's the big deal?

I once went to see Bob Dylan's childhood home in Hibbing, MN, took a picture, saw the electronics store his dad had, saw his high school, walked the streets of town. Of course he doesn't live there anymore, but it was cool to see his childhood home, his home town, and a graffiti of "Blood on the Tracks" on the garage door of the house.

I can't exactly picture Jay having problems with people waiting outside his place, jumping out of their cars, from behind a tree or disguising themselves as his lawn mower to ask for his autograph, to come in for a luncheon, play his guitars or sit beside the fire place to hear tell tale stories of Uncle Tupelo's last days.

Usually people who come visit my house are either friends, family, neighbors, salesmen, and JW's - I can't picture it different at his.

crowlan2

Post by crowlan2 »

this is a disturbing thread. what the heck does it matter where in st. louis jay lives? stupid and nosey, indeed. get a life people.

spaulding

Post by spaulding »

This thread/post should be removed.

Left A Slide

Post by Left A Slide »

It was only a matter of time until someone posted that.

TinyElvis

Post by TinyElvis »

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

It kinda weirds me out but you can find where just about anybody lives with a Google search. Especially with all the property assessor stuff online.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

Holly Hills area = very St. Louisy. Southside scrubby Dutch. Go to Google earth/Maps and search for Carondelet Park, St. Louis. He's on the northeast side of the park. Somewhere.

dbengr69

Post by dbengr69 »

jay lives in the stl city proper, like a the rest of us working class stiffs.....he's the real deal.....i bet he even mows his own grass whilst wearing a wifebeater just like henneman.

...and we have no walmarts in our fair city.....:raisesclinchedfist

unchartedthickets

i'm not for certain but i think he resides in a working class south side neighborhood, in what we call a gingerbread or arts and crafts 1920's/30's type house. probably, nice, clean, modern updates, hardwood floors, two bathroom - maybe one is updated and one is still in the 20's style with pink and white tile.[url] http://stlouis.missouri.org/southampton ... gi/history

Jays' neighborhood isn't inundated with walmarts but perhaps a QT has managed to get in. it's a relatively safe area but still it's crime problems.
i'd say it has St. Louis character.

lewhoney

stupid and perhaps a nosey question

Post by lewhoney »

howdy --

I know (or think) that JF lives in St. Louis, but what type of pad does he have? Does he live in some loft that overlooks the Mississippi River or instead does he abide in a gated community near a Walmart and QT?

Just wondering..not that I'm going to knock on his door...

Lew