stupid and perhaps a nosey question

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

Where's Mila Kunis' house, as long as you guys are finding addresses?

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Lawrence Fan wrote:
Dr. Zapatos wrote:
Lawrence Fan wrote:I'm gonna post a picture of Fenry's house. Ha, take that!!
Sam Eydesgate 199a
3660 Rjukan, Norway

That would be my address! You can find it online on telefonkatalogen.no, no secret. Any one in the world can find that out if they wanted to, big deal?
I'm going to post a picture of Fenry's secret Bee Gee's album collection from its secret hiding place!!
That is impossible as I haven't got it!

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

Dr. Zapatos wrote:
Sam Eydesgate 199a
3660 Rjukan, Norway

That would be my address! You can find it online on telefonkatalogen.no, no secret. Any one in the world can find that out if they wanted to, big deal?
I'm going to post a picture of Fenry's secret Bee Gee's album collection from its secret hiding place!!

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Sam Eydesgate 199a
3660 Rjukan, Norway

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

I'm gonna post a picture of Fenry's house. Ha, take that!!

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Worst case scenario here, somebody will be able to picture Jay sitting outside his house playing guitar (which is probably not a thing of his).

If someone posted a picture of Bob Dylan's house, or Leon Russel's house, would people think it creepy?

TinyElvis

Post by TinyElvis »

I only reposted what another member had previously posted.

As far I know, the home address isn't listed - just the picture of the home and coordinates. If you have concerns over this, you should direct them towards owners of the Virtual Globetrotting site.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

the Watcher wrote:
dcarter wrote:I am one step up from a Luddite but this thread doesn't shock me. Does it really surprise/creep out/offend some of you that in 2011 it is simple to put someone's name into a search engine and a picture of their house appears? Really?
That is hilarious. Nothing wrong with Lew's query. I doubt that he/she (sorry) has designs on Jay Farrar. Even if someone does, they don't need this thread to get the info. Again, it is 2011, the not-even acme of the Information Age. There is this 'thing' called the internet. It is a font of information.
Obviously someone *can* search and find this, the creepy part is choosing to publicize this otherwise private info.
Boom. WINNING.
Dude, the only thing missing from your post was "Suit up!"

Seriously though, a person's physical address is not private information. Physical addresses exist for the very fact that they can be searched and found. With effort and money one can obfuscate their address, but keeping that address private isn't a right.

the Watcher

Post by the Watcher »

dcarter wrote:I am one step up from a Luddite but this thread doesn't shock me. Does it really surprise/creep out/offend some of you that in 2011 it is simple to put someone's name into a search engine and a picture of their house appears? Really?
That is hilarious. Nothing wrong with Lew's query. I doubt that he/she (sorry) has designs on Jay Farrar. Even if someone does, they don't need this thread to get the info. Again, it is 2011, the not-even acme of the Information Age. There is this 'thing' called the internet. It is a font of information.
Obviously someone *can* search and find this, the creepy part is choosing to publicize this otherwise private info.

Vis a vis lewhoney's citing my hard-hitting expose on twitcher, the analogy doesn't hold. If Mr. Farrar was posting his personal address on his public blog and someone copy/pasted it - then that's the same as my action. So far as I can tell someone actively sought out this non-publicized personal info and posted it here. Apples and oranges.

Moreover, the blog post that I copy/pasted - from his public blog - was about a disturbing fantasy/fanfic about a boarder here. Board had a right to know.

Boom. WINNING.

lewhoney

Post by lewhoney »

Actually, I guess my header was the only creepy thing ... Currently , I am rereading Huck Finn and I had this image of JF's house being on the Mississippi River somewhere, just was curious --it's not like he drops out of the ether --

If I were going to to bother someone, it would be Tweedy-

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

the Watcher wrote:Early front-runner for creepiest thread of the year.
That may be, but didn't you five-six years ago locate twitcher's blog that no one here even knew existed and posted it on the board? If you want creepy, try you stalking posters on an internet board. Was twitcher really the first one you searched online traces for? Funny you should have an opinion on such.

Left A Slide

Post by Left A Slide »

Dude, you flatter yourself.
You wish you were one step up from a Luddite.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

I am one step up from a Luddite but this thread doesn't shock me. Does it really surprise/creep out/offend some of you that in 2011 it is simple to put someone's name into a search engine and a picture of their house appears? Really?

the Watcher

Post by the Watcher »

Early front-runner for creepiest thread of the year.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

stablew wrote:This reminds me of this Juliet, Naked book I read recently.
Nick Hornby, yeah.