I Miss Jay/Son Volt

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

Anyone looking to delve into the world of Will Johnson/Centro-Matic might want to take the plunge with one of these:

Highwater61

Post by Highwater61 »

His solo album VULTURES is great. "Just to Know What You've Been Dreaming"

JWB56

Post by JWB56 »

I had never heard of Will Johnson or Centro-Matic, but now I have. That is some great music!

camaroheadus

Post by camaroheadus »

im with you guys, i havent been to a jay show in almost 3yr now. it will be road trip time if he doesn't come this way.

ct

Post by ct »

My Morning Jacket has a new ablum out on May 31 and our on tour thru the end of August.

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

crowlan2 wrote:*Gary Hunt, not Mike.

quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghsuk6GiEN8

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

The information that Will Johnson, Jim James, Jay Farrar and Anders Parker will be touring together made me post. Now all I need is a schedule showing a Tampa date.

dbengr69

Re: I Miss Jay/Son Volt

Post by dbengr69 »

junius worth wrote:i talked with will johnson of centromatic a few weeks ago in denton, tx. who was working on that stuff with farrar. i asked him he said. the album and artwork are done and that it would be released early next year with full tour to follow. they had been waiting for a time when everyone involved could tour. anders parker and jim james as well. so that's something right there.
talked to will just last night, and got much the same......but, i got the same from anders last year around this time, so who knows.

manshank

Post by manshank »

sure is............

junius worth

I Miss Jay/Son Volt

Post by junius worth »

i talked with will johnson of centromatic a few weeks ago in denton, tx. who was working on that stuff with farrar. i asked him he said. the album and artwork are done and that it would be released early next year with full tour to follow. they had been waiting for a time when everyone involved could tour. anders parker and jim james as well. so that's something right there.

ct

Post by ct »

What ever happen to him releasing the Woodie G stuff?

crowlan2

Post by crowlan2 »

*Gary Hunt, not Mike.

Just from the YouTube that I've seemed, that seemed like a stint...at least you got to see it!

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

I have no idea what's up with Jay and his plans....painful not seeing him on road since Dec 2009 besides last year's shorter run with Mike Hunt...
I am sure that he'll hit us with a flurry of great new music in a 18 month period when he's ready...and likely a subdued solo tour or maybe something bigger with others...

It sure is painful tho, but its been a great time for me to explore other music and lately, gulp, write my own music that flows thru my head.

It's been on my bucket list...

HEAVEN MUST BE LEARNED

I Miss Jay/Son Volt

Post by HEAVEN MUST BE LEARNED »

I Know he is taking a break-but i miss going to shows,looking foward to new music,meeting other jay fans,seeing what new cover he does...............