Will Johnson on the Woody Guthrie Project

njenney

Post by njenney »

A tribute to Woody Guthrie titled New Multitudes is slated to be released on Feb. 28 and will feature My Morning Jacket’s Yim Yames, Son Volt’s Jay Farrar and Centro-matic’s Will Johnson.

The album will be released on Rounder Records and will feature 12 tracks. A limited edition release of the album will include 11 additional compositions from Farrar and Anders Parker of Varnaline.

Source: http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2 ... y-far.html

howfast

Post by howfast »

a release date and a mermaid reissue too

JAY FARRAR, WILL JOHNSON,
ANDERS PARKER, & YIM YAMES
Album title: NEW MULTITUDES
Release date: January 2012
Record label: Rounder Records

WOODY GUTHRIE
Album title: THE COMPLETE WOODY GUTHRIE
Release date: January 2012
Record label: Smithsonian Folkways Records

BILLY BRAGG & WILCO
Album title: MERMAID AVENUE Deluxe Box Set
Release date: March, 2012
Record label: Nonesuch Records

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

sometimes you must sway to teh hyperbole. i still hope this doesn't jinx my
fascination. i mean, i'm a Thomas by nature and usually right on most accounts however, with such talent collaborating, i'm still floored. huh?!

dbengr69

Post by dbengr69 »

bradsarno wrote:I'm handling the mastering for this project, and while I'm not directly involved with nor privy to the details of the release, I can share that things are most definitely moving forward. While my job is a mostly technical process and I don't generally comment on the art itself, I must say that this album is absolutely loaded with incredible tunes. It's unusually excellent. It's not just a cool concept album with interesting and tasteful contributions by these great artists. It's stunningly special from beginning to end. These guys have clearly poured their full energies and hearts into making this one count and exalting these words from WG. These tunes are big and beautiful and memorable, and that's an understatement. It's exciting to know these songs will soon get to be appreciated by many. It's way better than Fleetwood Mac! Mark's not kidding. Be excited.

Brad Sarno
joe b gets his own truckstop show on the travel channel, and blue dixie guitarist masters what assures to be an artistic masterpiece.....this boy from a charred house on 101 E Burnam would never have envisioned such greatness.

:yitb

:cheers

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

Thanks Brad and Mark...Don't stop thinkin' about tomrrow it'll soon be here

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

good things

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

bradsarno wrote:I'm handling the mastering for this project, and while I'm not directly involved with nor privy to the details of the release, I can share that things are most definitely moving forward. While my job is a mostly technical process and I don't generally comment on the art itself, I must say that this album is absolutely loaded with incredible tunes. It's unusually excellent. It's not just a cool concept album with interesting and tasteful contributions by these great artists. It's stunningly special from beginning to end. These guys have clearly poured their full energies and hearts into making this one count and exalting these words from WG. These tunes are big and beautiful and memorable, and that's an understatement. It's exciting to know these songs will soon get to be appreciated by many. It's way better than Fleetwood Mac! Mark's not kidding. Be excited.

Brad Sarno
I approve this post. Woo hoo ! ! !

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

Oh wow. Thanks a ton, Brad. These words make me happy. I am officially ecstatic.

Tim in Chapel Hill

bradsarno

Post by bradsarno »

I'm handling the mastering for this project, and while I'm not directly involved with nor privy to the details of the release, I can share that things are most definitely moving forward. While my job is a mostly technical process and I don't generally comment on the art itself, I must say that this album is absolutely loaded with incredible tunes. It's unusually excellent. It's not just a cool concept album with interesting and tasteful contributions by these great artists. It's stunningly special from beginning to end. These guys have clearly poured their full energies and hearts into making this one count and exalting these words from WG. These tunes are big and beautiful and memorable, and that's an understatement. It's exciting to know these songs will soon get to be appreciated by many. It's way better than Fleetwood Mac! Mark's not kidding. Be excited.

Brad Sarno

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

HEAVEN MUST BE LEARNED wrote:Any new news about this?
I guess we are all left to sit here with bated breath till we get another Mark Spencer update. Tick... tick... tick... tick... tick...
Last edited by el caballo loco on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

HEAVEN MUST BE LEARNED

Post by HEAVEN MUST BE LEARNED »

Any new news about this?

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

mg1, surely you jest. you seem to suggest artistic nepotism. our man spencer is a modern day euterpe. he lives above the fray of those who would cast stones of derision. glass houses are for a momentary visit not a domicile for comfort.

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

Mark, didn't you work on some of the recording of this project?

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

forget fleetwood mac. the question is, is it better than mermaid avenue.

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

Mark Spencer wrote:
ct wrote:
I'm listening to it right now. It's better than Fleetwood Mac.
Noway it's better than Rumours!
;-)
uh huh. you'll see.
HYPERBOLISTS!!!!! :evil: