First Listen: Gillian Welch, 'The Harrow And The Harvest'

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Sturge, good point but it stil bothers me because I get rild by things that make little or no sense.

Pea, I want you to know that if you were making a Sam Kinison reference, I caught it. "You live in a fuckin' desert! There's no food here! There will never be any food here! Pack up your shit! We're making one trip!!". :lol:

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

dc, just move on. these artists are not interested in fla for some reason, perhaps legitimate ones. get into another musical genre, blues for instance. fla has plenty of great blues acts, both local and national. i just returned from a fantastic local blues fest. i will take in the americana/roots/alt thing when it is presented on the rare occasion. such as, david allen coe is visiting in the next few days.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

peainthepod wrote:
dcarter wrote:2 dates in GA, 2 in AL, 2 in SC, 2 in TN, 3 in VA and 5, FIVE, in NC but not 1 in FL. They can' t even just cross the state line to Jacksonville or Tallahassee but they'll play 5 times in the heavily HA HA populated state of North Carolina. This is the kind of inexplicable bullshit that pisses fans off. Jaysus.
sometimes you have to
move where the food is

pea
That is my retirement plan but it doesn't speak to the reason for the drought. Why play 5 shows in NC but none in FL?

peainthepod

Post by peainthepod »

dcarter wrote:2 dates in GA, 2 in AL, 2 in SC, 2 in TN, 3 in VA and 5, FIVE, in NC but not 1 in FL. They can' t even just cross the state line to Jacksonville or Tallahassee but they'll play 5 times in the heavily HA HA populated state of North Carolina. This is the kind of inexplicable bullshit that pisses fans off. Jaysus.
sometimes you have to
move where the food is

pea

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

2 dates in GA, 2 in AL, 2 in SC, 2 in TN, 3 in VA and 5, FIVE, in NC but not 1 in FL. They can' t even just cross the state line to Jacksonville or Tallahassee but they'll play 5 times in the heavily HA HA populated state of North Carolina. This is the kind of inexplicable bullshit that pisses fans off. Jaysus.

Talus

Post by Talus »

Yeah, really like the fact that they kept the production simple. No extra instruments either.

calexico

Post by calexico »

A perfect album in every way. Completely worth waiting for.

zach

Post by zach »

"The Way It Goes" last night on Conan: http://teamcoco.com/video/gillian-welch-way-it-goes

barclocksays3am

Post by barclocksays3am »

It`s a great album! :D

Grifterwithafunnylittleha

Post by Grifterwithafunnylittleha »

Support Acony Records, beaux:

http://www.gillianwelch.com/harrowharvest/

On another horizon, tickets are in-hoof (Pony reference for literal types) for Atlanta's Variety Playhouse.

I hope to meet you this time, Tupelo Son! Baby Doll will be on my arm if I'm lucky so she's the real prize.

I'm so excited to see Gill and David play live. Last time was at the Workplay, and they did two nights in Birmingham for crying out loud. LEGENDARY ...

See you there,
Grifterwithafunnylittleha

zach

Post by zach »

Support your local, independent record stores, but . . .

derekf

Post by derekf »

Tupelo Son wrote:Been looking forward to this one. Hope to see them in the ATL in August.
Same here, for eight years. I'm seeing them 8/11 at Tipitina's in New Orleans.

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

Been looking forward to this one. Hope to see them in the ATL in August.

zach

First Listen: Gillian Welch, 'The Harrow And The Harvest'

Post by zach »

Last edited by zach on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.