Jay to do run of shows in the fall?

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

Zach
Thanks for that HRT touring link.
I got my double LA tix for Sat and Sun Nov 12th...

LA ALERT. Largo is tiny and this will sellout. Its like a comedy club, small theatre...I truly enjoyed the Gibbard, Mark, Jay show @Largo in 2009.
Get your duckets for Largo in LA ASAP.

Keith21, I take it your hitting east coast rather than Solana. Hope the NYC treats you and the wife well.

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

el caballo loco wrote:
unchartedthickets wrote:
el caballo loco wrote:
unchartedthickets wrote:
el caballo loco wrote:That Pittsfield date looks very interesting. Does anybody know anything about this Word X Word Festival? Has anyone ever been? I went on the festival's website and it said Jay and Elizabeth Searle would be performing at CompuWorks. That seems like an odd venue. Pittsfield is an old small manufacturing hub trying to recreate itself as an artist haven in the beautiful Berkshires. So, the location/festival makes some sense considering what Jay is about. However, this all seems a bit odd. If anyone can provide some more clarity on this, I would greatly appreciate it.
i just looked at this because it looks extremely appealing to me as well.
they may have had a typo on the website before but now it reads -
ComuWorks. seems a little less odd but still no info.
On the Word X Word website schedule it says the performance will take place @ ComuWorks on 1 Fenn St. in Pittsfield. However, it is CompuWorks that has the 1 Fenn St. address in Pittsfield. I'm guessing (assuming) there will be an outdoor stage set up somewhere near the CompuWorks on 1 Fenn St. in Pittsfield.
very plausible assumption. as you mentioned before, hopefully someone with more insight has the correct information. it could be as easy as calling. Pittsfield should make for a great excursion.
This provides a little more information. Sounds like there's a loft in the CompuWorks. Also mentions something about some pass for $100 that will get you into a rooftop party, Jay's performance, and some other show at The Colonial Theatre. If it's $100 to see Jay, I'm out. I was under the impression this was a free show.
100 bucks for 6 acts and i'm only really interested in 1. an exclusive engagement is hard on my economic class.

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

unchartedthickets wrote:
el caballo loco wrote:
unchartedthickets wrote:
el caballo loco wrote:That Pittsfield date looks very interesting. Does anybody know anything about this Word X Word Festival? Has anyone ever been? I went on the festival's website and it said Jay and Elizabeth Searle would be performing at CompuWorks. That seems like an odd venue. Pittsfield is an old small manufacturing hub trying to recreate itself as an artist haven in the beautiful Berkshires. So, the location/festival makes some sense considering what Jay is about. However, this all seems a bit odd. If anyone can provide some more clarity on this, I would greatly appreciate it.
On the Word X Word website schedule it says the performance will take place @ ComuWorks on 1 Fenn St. in Pittsfield. However, it is CompuWorks that has the 1 Fenn St. address in Pittsfield. I'm guessing (assuming) there will be an outdoor stage set up somewhere near the CompuWorks on 1 Fenn St. in Pittsfield.
very plausible assumption. as you mentioned before, hopefully someone with more insight has the correct information. it could be as easy as calling. Pittsfield should make for a great excursion.
This provides a little more information. Sounds like there's a loft in the CompuWorks. Also mentions something about some pass for $100 that will get you into a rooftop party, Jay's performance, and some other show at The Colonial Theatre. If it's $100 to see Jay, I'm out. I was under the impression this was a free show.

unchartedthickets

el caballo loco wrote:
unchartedthickets wrote:

el caballo loco

unchartedthickets wrote:

wasserboxer

Post by wasserboxer »

Left A Slide wrote:Hey wasserboxer, do you know anything about the venue in Petaluma? I may have to come up to Norcal for that one.
www.mystictheatre.com

left a slide:

check out the link above. saw sv there for "the search" tour and was overwhelmed by the acoustical quality of the theater. it's a stand up setting so you can move around if that's your thing. if you can fit it into your schedule you should do it. with the following shows in sfo and scruz it would be a great road trip back south. the rio theater in scruz is a great venue as well and is set up with the groovy crushed velevt seats etc. saw sv there as well for the 'acd 'tour. good luck and any questions about lodging, dining etc just send me a pm.

unchartedthickets

Left A Slide

Post by Left A Slide »

Hey wasserboxer, do you know anything about the venue in Petaluma? I may have to come up to Norcal for that one.

wasserboxer

Post by wasserboxer »

whooppee. that's a great three nights for wifey and me in nov. petaluma, sfo and scruz. got the shakes already. thanks moocho for the info people.

Left A Slide

Post by Left A Slide »

That is going to be a good weekend in November!

ct

Post by ct »

East & west coast, how about some midwest dates?!

Wonder if he will be touring with Gary Hunt on the west coast dates.

el caballo loco

That Pittsfield date looks very interesting. Does anybody know anything about this Word X Word Festival? Has anyone ever been? I went on the festival's website and it said Jay and Elizabeth Searle would be performing at CompuWorks. That seems like an odd venue. Pittsfield is an old small manufacturing hub trying to recreate itself as an artist haven in the beautiful Berkshires. So, the location/festival makes some sense considering what Jay is about. However, this all seems a bit odd. If anyone can provide some more clarity on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

zach

Post by zach »

hardwood floor

Post by hardwood floor »

Gin Blossoms are great

Grifterwithafunnylittleha

Post by Grifterwithafunnylittleha »

It's the best time to tour. Everybody is home schooling everybody around them. Everybody needs a Jay break.