R.E.M....it's been real

Trellis

Post by Trellis »

Thanks!

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

word has it that there'll be more of these to slowly make their way to light of day...

crossed fingers...
8)

calexico

Post by calexico »

Superb find! :D

jak

Post by jak »

That vid is amazing. I never thought I'd hear someone utter the words "Pre Chronic Town REM".

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

WOW !!

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

thatbeat wrote:if you're a fan of pre-Chronic Town R.E.M. then this is like some holy grail type stuff here: http://youtu.be/RiZW_Wlj8Kw

Fuckin' sweet! Thanks!

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

if you're a fan of pre-Chronic Town R.E.M. then this is like some holy grail type stuff here: http://youtu.be/RiZW_Wlj8Kw

windshield

Post by windshield »

I lived for R.e.m. at one moment in my life, and their music enchanted and helped me through some incredible years. They've always been enlightening, even their decline is somewhat a work of art.

This linked here is my personal homage with all due respect, to one of the greates tunes ever written, recorded and produced, Perfect circle.

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

http://www.nodepression.com/profiles/bl ... ect-circle

Once my favorite band for 2-3 years...memories of Uof Ill...19 year old love and cutting classes...playing football in the street at 2am...R.E.M. was there

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

I may be exposing myself here (no need to gush or run for cover, I'm only 5.5'' when I'm at my most excited/inspired), but I never really fell over heels for R.E.M. I understand/respect their place in the pantheon of rock and roll royalty. However, they never defined, moved, or epitomized music for me.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

michael stipe-my first indie/alt crush!

love you.

1/2

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Every 'indie' band should pay royalties to REM. And from Murmur all the way thru New Adventures Hi-Fi, no band that I know had as many good albums. After that I sorta lost interest.

Sachsen

Post by Sachsen »

Listening to Life's Rich Pageant now in tribute.

R.E.M. were my first musical obsession in high school. Those were the days of Pageant, Document, Green... and then getting their earlier albums... waiting through Time and Automatic to finally get to see them live on the Monster tour... agonizing when Bill left but grateful he was able to find his new calling as a Georgia hay farmer... and simply enjoying the later albums as the boys grew older.

30+ years. Started with a bang and ending with a contented sigh. Collapse Into Now was one of their best in a long time, I thought.

That, my friends, is how you make a career in rock-n-roll. Thanks, guys.

calexico

Post by calexico »

File Under Water.

THE band of my life. They've been with me from about 18 or so and have been the single biggest musical pattern of my life. I am devastated by the news. They are still the band I've seen live the most and even the last tour they did they were still smoking hot as a live act.

Their run of albums from Murmur to HiFi is astoundingly good. Even their later, foolishly derided, albums always held a gem or two which made you glad they were still around. Just this morning Leaving New York and Uberlin made me smile.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

mcarlton wrote:For those who havent kept up, REM release redo's of the first 4 cd's which are remastered and have another whole cd of live or demos. Amazon has all that stuff. And of course these were my favorite cd;s of theirs. I caught on to these guys just before Fables came out.
All 4 of those are highly recommended regardless of wether or not you own the originals.

Also, even though it is a cover, this has been in my head for going on 2 days:

http://www.4shared.com/audio/xe4LuMxE/D ... _Line.html