Living in an Apple World

hiretablets

Post by hiretablets »

We all are living in new era...

calexico

Post by calexico »

I use Apple products but I am not slavishy devoted to them. Whatever you care to say about the man, as a radio report I heard say, when founding Pixar is only about 4th in your list of achievements you know you've been successful.

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

the instant age. saying what you might not mean. fail safe going natural. accepting mean for mean. kaboom.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

How many megaballs are there? It's like that Rocket From The Crypt tune, Too Many Balls.

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

I was talking about the man, Lemmy

http://www.nme.com/news/motorhead/54167

Lemmy: 'John Lennon was the asshole of The Beatles' – video Motorhead

Fab Four made the Motorhead man think he could change the world

Megaballs6

Re: Living in an Apple World

Post by Megaballs6 »

Mark Spencer wrote:
megaballs1 wrote:In his personal life, Jobs was arguably a selfish, mean type of guy. With that said, what a visionary and businessman! In summary, he returned 12 years after being fired from the company he founded to an Apple that was three months from bankruptcy. This summer, 14 years later, Apple briefly was the most valuable company in market capitalization in the world.
No amount of money or fame could save him from an early death at 56.
Is this from the Barron's article? What fucking pricks.
Mortality sucks. Cancer is a monster thief.

It was my comments that you object to. Much has been written about Jobs...not acknowledging illegitimate kids, firing people in elevators because he didn't like designs, bullying, ripping someone and complementing them within the same conversation in front of groups, etc. I didn't t know him but where there's smoke there's fire. Not a big deal. Many of the greatest artist like Beethoven and Lennon had their dickish sides. Lenny roadies for Beatles and swore Lennon was a prick. Just didn't t want to fawn over the recently passed megastar.

The financial success was started by his taking Apple in a streamlined fashion focusing on one perfect product after another. we never will survive unless we get a little crazy. I Mac. iPod. I Phone. iPad. Bigger market cap than Exxon. Smoked Microsoft. What really strikes me was his desire to leave his mark...ding the universe" he once said. He was more than a businessman. He was an artist. The way I 've envisioned the greats..Dylan, NY, Beethoven, Lennon....dreaming up music in there heads...he envisioned trends and brought them to reality.

I 've been surprised at the lack of comment. Jay is a dreamcatcher too, and for many years Apple fans knew that despite the small market share, Apple computers were best.
Perhaps you didn't t get my second part. I was trying to briefly state how singularly unique Jobs financial success was. More valuable than any company in the world. From bankruptcy.

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” - Steve Jobs’ Stanford Commencement Address

"Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven, but Nobody Wants to Die." Steve Jobs’ Stanford Commencement Address

Mark Spencer

Re: Living in an Apple World

Post by Mark Spencer »

megaballs1 wrote:In his personal life, Jobs was arguably a selfish, mean type of guy. With that said, what a visionary and businessman! In summary, he returned 12 years after being fired from the company he founded to an Apple that was three months from bankruptcy. This summer, 14 years later, Apple briefly was the most valuable company in market capitalization in the world.
Is this from the Barron's article? What fucking pricks.

megaballs1

Living in an Apple World

Post by megaballs1 »

"Those ideals were encapsulated in his brilliant commencement speech at Stanford University in 2005, in which he urged the new graduates "to find what you love." That sounds trite and pretty much what's heard every June at graduation ceremonies, but it carried far more weight coming from Jobs.

At the outset of his address, he described his roots:

"My biological mother was a young, unwed college graduate student, and she decided to put me up for adoption. She felt very strongly that I should be adopted by college graduates, so everything was all set for me to be adopted at birth by a lawyer and his wife. Except that when I popped out they decided at the last minute that they really wanted a girl. So my parents, who were on a waiting list, got a call in the middle of the night asking: 'We have an unexpected baby boy; do you want him?' They said: 'Of course.' My biological mother later found out that my mother had never graduated from college and that my father had never graduated from high school. She refused to sign the final adoption papers. She only relented a few months later when my parents promised that I would someday go to college."

I wonder now, some 56 years later, would the birth mother of the next Steve Jobs carry him to term and give birth, for him to be adopted, to grow up and to perhaps change the world? What would most grad students today do in that circumstance?" Barrons 10/6/2011

In his personal life, Jobs was arguably a selfish, mean type of guy. With that said, what a visionary and businessman! In summary, he returned 12 years after being fired from the company he founded to an Apple that was three months from bankruptcy. This summer, 14 years later, Apple briefly was the most valuable company in market capitalization in the world.
RIP Steve
you set the world ablaze
Last edited by megaballs1 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.