No votes
Word.
29%
Damn straight.
29%

Total votes: 7

sean

Post by sean »

booda wrote:I'm not gonna bother reading all that shit, but I'd just like to say, about Jaybird's wife: I'd hit it.
Good point, fathead.

booda

Post by booda »

I'm not gonna bother reading all that shit, but I'd just like to say, about Jaybird's wife: I'd hit it.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

Lefty wrote:I'm also glad this has been put to rest- how stupid (Sjay...quit with the witty closings, like "fondling ball bearings" please- they might piss folks off) I'm Movin' On...right?

Sorry Lefty, no can do.

sean

Post by sean »

i'mthisbored wrote:
sean wrote:
Lefty wrote:I think I had something to do with Seans departure and I think that is a good thing.
If you created the weekend, then yes, you had something to do with my "departure".

P.S. You seem like you'd be a blast to hang out with. Wanna go to IHOP for some pancakes?
is every sean on the internet the exact same person?
YES.

Well, all except that one "sean" on the Doobie Brothers board...I have no idea where that jackass came from.

i'mthisbored

Post by i'mthisbored »

sean wrote:
Lefty wrote:I think I had something to do with Seans departure and I think that is a good thing.
If you created the weekend, then yes, you had something to do with my "departure".

P.S. You seem like you'd be a blast to hang out with. Wanna go to IHOP for some pancakes?
is every sean on the internet the exact same person?

sean

Post by sean »

Lefty

Post by Lefty »

I'm sorry you were annoyed with the Danzig post- I thought it was hillarious.
I'm also glad this has been put to rest- how stupid (Sjay...quit with the witty closings, like "fondling ball bearings" please- they might piss folks off) I'm Movin' On...right?
Anyway- The skate and the punk rock are the only things I have to hold onto anymore...after grad school and the job (teacher-an emmasculating proffesion indeed ), so y'all have to bare with me sometimes when I feel like being a jerk-this is it for being myself.
The preemptive Yo Mamma was hillarious...and I also have a paisley JFA deck on the wall as well- of course, when I bought it, I was ten and I was just startying out. It is a ripper coffin shape with a silly spoon nose- I rode it at the park last month and all the lurkers came over to ask me about it.
I have spent thousands of dollars on music-which is why I am here, I am running out of stuff to buy and need ideas-I bought the Buckner y'all were talking about and thank you...I'm like a junkie...so cut me some slack
I have a lot of cds that aren't Jay Farrar- but a lot are...and it seems more and more when I put on music, that is what I put on
I have an attitude because my first day here, I had someone =give me a "by the way" on the Byrds- i have listened to the Byrds forever and I skate with Gene Clarks son...I don't need no "by the way" but Oh well- I have to let some attitude go.
Last- My favorite old country albums are the singing ranger...and I have asked this before
Is Hank Snow your real name??? If it is, I'm gonna be pissed at my folks for giving me this stupid name (I could have been Hank Williams right?)

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

a couple things...
yo momma was funny

"telling us all we are not true fans"
i never intended to accuse you of not being a true fan. i want fans of all depths posting here. but some *&%@*% from a certain place recently tried helping this board with their idea of whatever and simply annoyed the hell outta the place. i would hope you were at least a semi jay fan.

"please feel free to make fun of me because i like Bob Wills SJay"
dude, like whatever ya want, as i do. i'm 35 now and since i began buying and collecting my own albums/tapes/cd's as a kid the variety in my own heap of music is high and wide. jay is just at the top.

i recently/finally saw d-town and z boy's on IFC and totally loved it. but i was never really a skater so i'll let you two get back to fondling each others ball bearings.... :lol:

peace y'all.

Hank Snow

Yo Lefty

Post by Hank Snow »

OK Man, It's cool.
And I like antagonizing people as well, as I have done on this board at times about whacky far right religion and politics, I am not saying antagonizing each other is a bad thing, it is certainly a fun thing, but done in moderation and within the context of the music. The music is the main thing, in the case of this board Jay Farrar and all things related.
And I think on the skaters I changed it to "my favorite" to clarify that different people will have different favorites for different reasons. There is not absolute best Michael Jordan type in skating, at least I don't think so. I haven't skated in awhile, and obviously was not as hard core as you, and I don't mean that sarcastically.
And I agree the Stacy Peralta "we were the shit" thing got old on that movie, but the old footage was cool to see.
I don't think I called anyone names, and I agree that that isn't necessary espeically in this context where we have no idea who the other people are for the most part, and threats and name calling are kind of silly. it's not like you step outside the bar and duke it out.
Personally I don't even know or care who ALL is. I don't find anything today that is labled "Punk" is anything resembling the punk I listen to. Today's punk is someone who goes to Hot Topic at the mall and buys Punk Clothing and listens to "punk" bands on pop radio, in other words I don't think there is any such thing any more.

I really love real punk music from the 70s and 80s, including skate bands. True story, if you have ever heard of JFA, Jody Foster's Army, my brother and I once helped them dig up the buried Skate in the Shade Skatepark in Tempe, AZ and actually road with them (we had bikes and boards) for a brief time on a halloween night in probably '82 or '83. I don't remember, but I do have a picture of some of it somewhere. Those were the days.

I know it sounds corny, but I think if folks on the board COMMUNICATE a little better with each other, we won't jump to conclusions and bicker and fight about stupid things that don't matter.

But seriously, didn't anyone think my premptive "Yo Mamma" was funny?

Lefty

Post by Lefty »

All right Hank- I apologize. I did make an assumption because you made a statement that most people who skate would never make...at least most that I know, which is a lot after 22 years of doing it. Perhaps I was wrong, and you have some knowledge of skating. I think Alva is a pompous blowhard and I also happen to think that he was not the greatest skater of all time... Lets remember how quick you were to correct me (as if I had no right to make the statement I made). If you skate, you are entitled to your opinion. Of course I guess your tenure here allows you to correct me, but not I to correct you? Allright, sounds great- I'll remember that. Anyway- my assumption there was way out of line and I, as I said, apologize...this is, however, different then chastizing Jay for calling people "dickheads", and making assumptions about us and our friends, and telling us all we are not true fans in my estimation. You were not being a jerk- you simply disagreed. Point taken.
As to the bickering-Well, if antagonizing people is what we are going to outlaw- I think Sean and SJay are far more guilty of this then I am. SJay is still calling people "dickhead", and making statements about my friends, I'm just trying to point out where he is contradicting himself. I'm not worried about how he feels, I would just like him to feel stupid for a minute when he starts swearing at me. Your right- I am having fun at this point...sorry, I'll quit
As for music- well, I didn't take us off topic- I simply tried to solve a problem. I think I had something to do with Seans departure and I think that is a good thing.
ALL sucks- most of my punk stuff is much earlier- although I do like some Descendants. Most of my punk collection is Oi! or...well, you guessed it, skate rock, but the majority of my music collection is old ska and Jamaican R&B, and western swing (strange mix- I know)...please feel free to make fun of me because I like Bob Wills SJay. I would expect the level of conversation to be the same if not better over in the ALL chat room- I just happen to really like Jay Farrar and Uncle Tupelo, and figured I'd find new stuff to buy in this forum to add to my collection.
Anyway-I'll leave y'all to your name calling now, this is not worth the trouble is it?
Cheers

Hank Snow

Stupid People

Post by Hank Snow »

not sure what all you guys are bickering about. I agree with SJay that certain posters seem to think they know something about other people. (i.e. someone automatically assumed wrong in another post that my entire knowledge of skateboarders came from the DogTown movie. As though they are the only ones who are qualified to have an opinion on a skateboarder).

Why is it whenever new people come on here things (1) steer away from the discussion of Jay Farrar and his music, and (2) get really personal.

I don't get it. Is it just people trying to antagonize other people? Is it just fun and games? I am all up for anyone on earth posting on the board, and I am not some fanatical Jay Farrar fan who think you can't criticize him, or joke around.

But it seems to be a more enjoyable board with less bickering back and forth when the topics are about Jay's music, influences, connections, etc.

And just as a premptive insult back at whoever is probably going to insult me, let me just say this:

Yo Mamma.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

Looks like Lefty needs to quit thinking he knows anything about any of us, because from this last post.....you don't know shit.

and if you don't like what the majority of the people think of you, your friends and your topics/replies, why are you still coming here???

you'll fit in more at the super hip and intelligent ALL board :lol: .

Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Looks like Saratoga Jay has the same problem as Sean. I hate to say this...but if you don't like the topic of the post, why are you reading it? Some of us do need a laugh every now and then...and being called a "dickhead" by some college radio coffee jerker for having fun is really offensive. Now, I'm not going to stoop to swearing at folks because they have different opinions then I do...but I do have some advice.
Out here in California we have this stuff that grows wild in the hills, and all the local native Americans say that if you smoke it...you relax a little. I might be able to get you some of it if you let me know where it needs to go, might work wonders for ya. As for "unsavory" social skills- if my kids called someone a "dickhead" in a public forum, they would experience a day of work that would set them straight for a long while. As for the safety of our own homes...I'd say the same thing to you in public, you need to lighten up and threats aren't going to change that.
Cheers

version2

Post by version2 »

saratoga jay wrote:ahhhh, i knew you wouldn't be very far behind. i can smell your loser stench from here.

i'll never understand geeks who find so much joy in trying to annoy others (especially from the privacy and safety of there own home).... but then again i've never understood parents in this day and age allowing offspring to develop such unsavory social skills.

keep pounding your keyboard for strength/self worth, and i'll keep thanking god that my life is nothing like the one you're leading.
I hope that makes sense to someone because none of your rambling makes a damn bit of sense to me.
I happen to agree with lefty's earlier post.
I normally lurk here most of the time because you regulars seem to not like new people.
Posted a few things here over the last couple of days and now the asshole regulars like you and sean are on the defense.
Sorry you don't like people who don't see everything exactly the way you do.
Sucks to be you.
(And it must suck to feel that you have to relate everything in your life, like baseball, to the music that you listen to.)
saratoga gay...fighting the urge to use comeback heard while listening to Stern, but will come back with something anyway...

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

ahhhh, i knew you wouldn't be very far behind. i can smell your loser stench from here.

i'll never understand geeks who find so much joy in trying to annoy others (especially from the privacy and safety of there own home).... but then again i've never understood parents in this day and age allowing offspring to develop such unsavory social skills.

keep pounding your keyboard for strength/self worth, and i'll keep thanking god that my life is nothing like the one you're leading.