Artists whose music has not held up well over time.

pdg

Post by pdg »

checkmate

Okeman

Post by Okeman »

TragicFig wrote:The Who hasn't held up well over time? Shut the hell up...and check out Mike Post Theme from Endless Wire while yer at it. Dumbass. :twisted:
Quadrophenia is one of the best albums ever made, in my opinion. Maybe the best. It will always hold up.

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

The Who hasn't held up well over time? Shut the hell up...and check out Mike Post Theme from Endless Wire while yer at it. Dumbass. :twisted:

Okeman

Post by Okeman »

Is James Young kin to Chewbacca?

Okeman

Post by Okeman »

Skankang STYX!

How many copies of "Cornerstone" exist in this world?

Not from "Cornerstone", but best example I could think of at this time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cShYbLkhBc

megaballs1

Post by megaballs1 »

danmen wrote:
beatenbynonfiction wrote:Guns & Roses - post Appetite for Destruction (that album will hold strong for eternity). Specifically thinking of Use Your Illusion. Recall it was hailed as a heavy metal masterpiece for the ages. Sounds overproduced, forced, & sad today. Memories of jack ass Axl delaying concerts by 2, 3, 4 hours while trapped in a sea of 10's of thousands of drunks doesn't help
I sat in that Sea of Drunks four, count 'em, four different times....

Time 1: Summer 1991 prior to Use Your Illusions 1 and 2 being released.
Outdoors at a horse track, Axl was in rare form, got mad at the band many times, at one time, stormed off telling the band to learn the f*ing songs. Slash played the Godfather theme for a while... Terrible show.

Show 2: Houston, TX - The Summit - Soundgarden opened
No one had even heard of Soundgarden (inc me) -
Floor seats - still ranks as one of the all time great shows I've ever seen.
Band clicked - awesome renditions of Estranged, Paradise City, Patience, Double Talkin Jive, Don't Cry, November Rain, etc.

Show 3 (may be getting these our of order) - Houston, TX - Astrodome - this was the infamous Metallica/GNR tour. Not half bad really, spectacular people watching. Metallica was solid, this was pretty shortly after the show where James Hetfield was torched by his own fireworks, lots of swearing. When they were done, hours of waiting for GNR. Time was passed by the road crew shining spotlights on women in the crowed. Once the spotlight hit, shirts came off. I was young and thought this was kind of neat. GNR came on eventually.

Show 4: Austin, TX - memorable in the fact that one of said drunks got into a scuffle with my cousin. Police swarmed, we missed a few songs getting this sorted out.
:lol:

danmen

Post by danmen »

beatenbynonfiction wrote:Guns & Roses - post Appetite for Destruction (that album will hold strong for eternity). Specifically thinking of Use Your Illusion. Recall it was hailed as a heavy metal masterpiece for the ages. Sounds overproduced, forced, & sad today. Memories of jack ass Axl delaying concerts by 2, 3, 4 hours while trapped in a sea of 10's of thousands of drunks doesn't help
I sat in that Sea of Drunks four, count 'em, four different times....

Time 1: Summer 1991 prior to Use Your Illusions 1 and 2 being released.
Outdoors at a horse track, Axl was in rare form, got mad at the band many times, at one time, stormed off telling the band to learn the f*ing songs. Slash played the Godfather theme for a while... Terrible show.

Show 2: Houston, TX - The Summit - Soundgarden opened
No one had even heard of Soundgarden (inc me) -
Floor seats - still ranks as one of the all time great shows I've ever seen.
Band clicked - awesome renditions of Estranged, Paradise City, Patience, Double Talkin Jive, Don't Cry, November Rain, etc.

Show 3 (may be getting these our of order) - Houston, TX - Astrodome - this was the infamous Metallica/GNR tour. Not half bad really, spectacular people watching. Metallica was solid, this was pretty shortly after the show where James Hetfield was torched by his own fireworks, lots of swearing. When they were done, hours of waiting for GNR. Time was passed by the road crew shining spotlights on women in the crowed. Once the spotlight hit, shirts came off. I was young and thought this was kind of neat. GNR came on eventually.

Show 4: Austin, TX - memorable in the fact that one of said drunks got into a scuffle with my cousin. Police swarmed, we missed a few songs getting this sorted out.

Okeman

Post by Okeman »

Chinese Democracy

beatenbynonfiction

Post by beatenbynonfiction »

Guns & Roses - post Appetite for Destruction (that album will hold strong for eternity). Specifically thinking of Use Your Illusion. Recall it was hailed as a heavy metal masterpiece for the ages. Sounds overproduced, forced, & sad today. Memories of jack ass Axl delaying concerts by 2, 3, 4 hours while trapped in a sea of 10's of thousands of drunks doesn't help

Okeman

Post by Okeman »

Highwater61 wrote:I listen to it and remember how it was to listen to real records on a turntable, stare at the album cover, look at the rock stars on the back, and get lost in it. Can't get that via iTunes.
My thoughts exactly. It's about respect for the music. You have to take care of records. You have to get up off the couch and turn the record over after 5 or 6 songs. It's work, but well worth the effort.

Highwater61

Post by Highwater61 »

I listen to it and remember how it was to listen to real records on a turntable, stare at the album cover, look at the rock stars on the back, and get lost in it. Can't get that via iTunes.

Okeman

Post by Okeman »

Highwater61 wrote:I really dig Candy-O album.

Me too. My older sister turned me on to it. The cover alone is worth the purchase, but the music is cool. It really had an effect on me at the time. Still listen to it on a regular basis. Image

Highwater61

Post by Highwater61 »

I really dig Candy-O album.

Okeman

Post by Okeman »

The shirt(s) that Billy puts on after he destroys the first one might even be better.

"She's a maniac, maniac, on the floor... And she's dancing like she never did before..."

ct

Post by ct »

W.A.S.P.

Animal (F*ck like a beast), Sex Drive, and Harder Faster; just doesn't mean as much as it did when I was 10 or 11 years old.