Neil and Crazy Horse

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

Neil Young & Crazy Whores

calexico

Post by calexico »

Tokyo Fan wrote:Re-listened to Are You Passionate? Or at least as far as I could stand it. My opinion hasn't changed. I am just baffled as to why I still allow it to take up valuable rack space.

It's very poor isn't it? I've really tried to like that record but can't get with it at all. Same with Greendale. Never got along with it.

keith21

Post by keith21 »

The word is that the completed album was just recorded. It's all "americana" tunes like Oh, Susanna, This Land Is Your Land, etc. With a children's choir overdubbed. Not joking.
The album being worked on is original material.
Both with Crazy Horse.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Re-listened to Are You Passionate? Or at least as far as I could stand it. My opinion hasn't changed. I am just baffled as to why I still allow it to take up valuable rack space.

Horse Back? I'll have to pursue this further...but then again, we all pretty much know Neil will release whatever the fuck he feels like, on whatever the fuck format he feels like, whenever the fuck he feels like it.

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

very brief statement of what is already known - -http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/01/v ... m-session/
a little more insight on what is already known - -
http://www.antimusic.com/news/12/Januar ... Year.shtml

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

"Horse Back"
Engineered and mixed by John Hanlon at Audio Casa Blanca Jan 6, 2012, assisted by Mark Humphreys and John Hausman
Video by Ben Johnson
Music by Crazy Horse

JWB56

Post by JWB56 »

The release of Toast has been talked about for at least four years including being an Archives release. Maybe Neil and the band got together and tweaked a few things and are gonna put it out or maybe it's something totally different. Look what happened to the original Chrome Dreams, it was dropped and some of the songs ended up on American Stars and Bars, with Neil you never know.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

http://neilyoung.com/

if ya got a half hour to kill, this thing rocks...

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

This is great news but quite confusing though I suppose that is to be expected with Neil. Thrashers Wheat has the part about it being "Toast" and then re-recorded as "Are You Passionate?" crossed out. The "Toast" speculation, the way I read it, remains, but not the part about "Passionate". Which makes it greater news as far as I am concerned. I guess I'll dust off "Passionate" and give it another whirl but the only song I ever liked on that one was Goin' Home...which was with Crazy Horse.

And what makes this even more confusing is that "Toast" was supposed to be one the archive releases. So why would this be re-done and considered a new recording?

Calexico? What's going on?

JWB56

Neil and Crazy Horse

Post by JWB56 »

Very good news (I think), Neil is back in the studio with Crazy Horse with one album completed and working on another. The first album might be "Toast" which was never released but re-recorded as"Are You Passionate". Neil's web site is streaming a video of recording equipment and audio of a couple of older songs- a nice version of Cortez. Maybe they were done recently. Hopefully a tour is down the road.