hoping machine....

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

http://teamhellions.com/2012/02/29/reco ... yim-yames/

This album is beautiful, haunting, tragic, and human to the deepest level. It shifts styles from psychedelic, singer/songwriter, blues, and great rock. Woody Guthrie has never been documented and given tribute quite as well as this, and he never will again.

dbengr69

Re: hoping machine....

Post by dbengr69 »

turpentim wrote:
dbengr69 wrote:...may be the most moving song ever recorded by jay....i can't stop playing it over and over.

...the whole album is grand, especially disc 2.

...that is all.
I'm in total agreement. A few weeks ago, I got chided for making the outlandish claim that 'Hoping Machine' may well be top 5 all-time of Jay's recordings. Thing is, I'm pretty sure if you ask me again in a decade I'll say the same thing. No question that it's his best vocal performance of all time (followed closely, I think, by "Wipe The Clock" and "Still Be Around").

Tim in Chapel Hill
its climbing super fast with me...

that and "san antone meat house" are my top two on the effort so far.

turpentim

Re: hoping machine....

Post by turpentim »

dbengr69 wrote:...may be the most moving song ever recorded by jay....i can't stop playing it over and over.

...that is all.
I'm in total agreement. A few weeks ago, I got chided for making the outlandish claim that 'Hoping Machine' may well be top 5 all-time of Jay's recordings. Thing is, I'm pretty sure if you ask me again in a decade I'll say the same thing. No question that it's his best vocal performance of all time (followed closely, I think, by "Wipe The Clock" and "Still Be Around").

Tim in Chapel Hill

dbengr69

Post by dbengr69 »

haters gonna hate, shuck.

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

Great song on a great album.

Shame that I feel obligated to shelve it for not being as collaborative an effort as I anticipated it would/ should have been.

dbengr69

hoping machine....

Post by dbengr69 »

...may be the most moving song ever recorded by jay....i can't stop playing it over and over.

...that is all.