Yo Gatorade me bitch

calexico

Post by calexico »

Walt takes out Skylar and Jesse and goes on the run. Hence the flashforward at the beginning with the house all boarded up, the beard and the rifle.

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

I just don't know how this can end "good".

Blissful days still there to remember
methamphetamine was the final straw

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

queencitymichael wrote:Myself, I'd love to see Badger's Star Trek episode. Poor Chekhov's guts.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/theres-a ... ad,101484/

queencitymichael

Post by queencitymichael »

Myself, I'd love to see Badger's Star Trek episode. Poor Chekhov's guts.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Great episode. Tread Lightly.

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

ShuckOwens wrote:Powerfully fuckin' amped for this.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

2 and 2 while going number 2.

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

OldSchoolDropout

Post by OldSchoolDropout »

Don't underestimate Jesse, I think he is playing dumb to Walter. He always had pretty good survival instinct, but Mexico really opened his eyes.

I just can't wait to see Skyler meet her demise, that nag has got to go. Would love some ending that has Walter Jr. ending up in a good situation, although he will seriously miss his Dad (don't see him coming out of this alive). But who knows? This show has been a Roller Coaster that nobody could have predicted, Gilligan is a master of his art.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Walt and Mike will not coexist for very long. Once Walt meets Lydia and figures out how to get the methylamine, look out. That ricin will be used on someone. If not Mike than maybe Skyler.

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

I'm pretty sure of the latter as well. What was hard for me to comprehend was Walt being dumb enough to see it as an option. Mike still has material connections, skills and surely the smarts to have assured rapid mutual destruction if Walt goes rogue on him.

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

I'm 99% positive it's the latter. In the words of Paste Magazine:

"The episode ends with Walter recalling to Jesse when Gus killed Victor: 'All this time, I thought Gus did what he did to send me a message. But maybe there is another reason. Victor trying to cook that batch on his own, taking liberties that weren’t his to take. Maybe he flew too close to the sun, got his throat cut.' This is aimed at Mike and the baggage that he’s brought with him by becoming a partner—the 'Hazard Pay' that Walt didn’t know he would have to pay out of his cut. But it’s also a consequence of the decision he made to kill Gus and the price that has to be paid to continue their business. Walt’s arrogant belief that he can just kill someone like Gus and not have anything carry over is extremely telling of how far gone he is. But this is where Walter is at mentally; his mind is already thinking of a way to cut Mike out of the equation. And what if there are no ties to Walt or Jesse with Gus’ ex-employees? That would make Mike the last loose end that could tie them back to the investigation. Finding someone else to deal with the business end might be the only thing he needs to decide to take Mike out. Given how far Walt has come, it’s not that far out of the equation. Walt has one thing right: Gus knew how to assert dominance, and that is what Walt is trying to do."

Tim in the ATL

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

Was Walt's "close to the sun" threat at the end of the last episode directed at Pinkman, to not start solo side cooks... or was he floating the idea of offing Mike, to up the profits by eliminating legacy costs?

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

I believe this show has replaced the Wire as the greatest television show in history.

Sad it's ending, but I know it will go out great, not some Sopranos Don't Stop Believing bullshit ending.

Hank/Walt confrontation has to happen.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Sure glad Mike did not get greased. He's the best. His 'half measure' with Lydia might come back on him. Creepy Walt giving Jesse a massage and trying to 'comfort' a depressed Skyler. I found the German angle interesting. I don't know if I am over thinking the history but certainly there is something to the whole meth-German-Chile aspect.