Been banned from ViaChicago? Say "Beelzebubba"

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

sturgeongeneral wrote:hey doug, i'm at the salad bar but ain't eatin no iceberg lettuce. i ate that shit growing up on the arkansas delta. i'm an arugula and endive type these days. so, come again? what about those salad days. you can sister mary elephant me all you want. so doug, don't run a skunk up the flagpole and try to tell me which the wind is blowing. unless you come with the action i have to agree with my southern mama, you ain't no bigger than a used bar of soap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X56ld7oePGs

Left A Slide

Post by Left A Slide »

Talus wrote:
Left A Slide wrote:Fuck Facebook
A failed experiment, eh? I didn't even post about my black toenail.
Too god damn much publicness for this old hermit.
You guys rock, but the ancillary bullshit and Zuckerberg infiltration made it untenable.
If I don't see you in the future, I'll see you in the pasture.
Later,
Lefty

sturgeongeneral

Post by sturgeongeneral »

hey doug, i'm at the salad bar but ain't eatin no iceberg lettuce. i ate that shit growing up on the arkansas delta. i'm an arugula and endive type these days. so, come again? what about those salad days. you can sister mary elephant me all you want. so doug, don't run a skunk up the flagpole and try to tell me which the wind is blowing. unless you come with the action i have to agree with my southern mama, you ain't no bigger than a used bar of soap.

Talus

Post by Talus »

Left A Slide wrote:Fuck Facebook
A failed experiment, eh? I didn't even post about my black toenail.

Talus

Post by Talus »

farewellangelina wrote:The who the what the what the in the who now?!
Yes?

Left A Slide

Post by Left A Slide »

Fuck Facebook

farewellangelina

Post by farewellangelina »

Dr. Zapatos wrote:
farewellangelina wrote:I am really sorry, Doug, that you got stuck with us lot. Join Facebook. Did you know there are groups and such on Facebook? They must be better than via Chicago and here. Plus, you can adjust your settings so that you can still be "friends" and not let them see your updates and more importantly, vice versa.
They are also more including when it comes to bald people, even if they (bald people - not groups on Facebook) generally are more uptight.
Fine argument. Just stellar.

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

farewellangelina wrote:I am really sorry, Doug, that you got stuck with us lot. Join Facebook. Did you know there are groups and such on Facebook? They must be better than via Chicago and here. Plus, you can adjust your settings so that you can still be "friends" and not let them see your updates and more importantly, vice versa.
They are also more including when it comes to bald people, even if they (bald people - not groups on Facebook) generally are more uptight.

farewellangelina

I am really sorry, Doug, that you got stuck with us lot. Join Facebook. Did you know there are groups and such on Facebook? They must be better than via Chicago and here. Plus, you can adjust your settings so that you can still be "friends" and not let them see your updates and more importantly, vice versa.

farewellangelina

The who the what the what the in the who now?!

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

dcarter wrote:Maybe this board can return to it's salad days... that was fun for all.
Fun for whom exactly? Jesus Christ, if I knew I'd be stuck with three kids and an eternal run of Power Rangers on TV, I might've reconsidered my options.

Anyways, get your ass on Facebook and the first drink is on the house.

There must be like 5000 episodes of that show.

Anyways, you should write to Jeff Tweedy and tell him that those cunts ran you off the board and can go fuck themselves, then he will personally reach out and make YOU moderator. Then you could ban them or at least edit their posts to make them sound like total perverts.

Doug Teh MOD!

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Grifterwithafunnylittleha wrote: Is Jules the lady we met in Knoxville at the bar where they cut me off after 7 doubles pre-show (6:30 pm) when you had to go back to the hotel and get your wallet? Lame, cause I was on good behavior the whole weekend.

Love you and miss you and the twins are doing great,
Sportpony
No Jules is a male. That cut off stuff was crazy. Fortunately, the venue sold bourbon.

Miss you all too. We'll have to come up for a Tally show. Twins! Fantastic.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Tokyo Fan wrote:I'm still trying to wrap my mind around "a Jiminy Cricket-esque character"! All I can think of is a tophat and a cane.
:lol: He is one of those "I am the conscience of the message board" types. "That was inappropriate". "I am sure the mods will take care of this". "Everyone should feel respected". Blah, blah, blah. It is okay for him to tell boring stories about his children or it was until Jules made fun of the nicknames he always used for his kids. He refrained from posting about his progeny. I guess Crow Daddy doesn't have as much VC juice as Jules.

Maybe this board can return to it's salad days... that was fun for all.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around "a Jiminy Cricket-esque character"! All I can think of is a tophat and a cane.

Grifterwithafunnylittleha

Post by Grifterwithafunnylittleha »

dcarter wrote:Apparently, Jules, a Mitt Romney-esque character who uses the family business profits to fund Tweedy house concerts and Crow Daddy Magnus, a Jiminy Cricket-esque character who believes that the day the music died was when his beloved Boss went teleprompter, are quite revered and have lots of juice. The whole place sees themselves as a real community, man. :lol:
Is Jules the lady we met in Knoxville at the bar where they cut me off after 7 doubles pre-show (6:30 pm) when you had to go back to the hotel and get your wallet? Lame, cause I was on good behavior the whole weekend.

Love you and miss you and the twins are doing great,
Sportpony