Tuesday

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

Happy with the final result.
Amazing the accuracy of Nate Silver and using MATH and STATS to predict the outcome.
Watching last Sunday, Dick Morris, George Will, Karl Rove, et al, predicting this "landslide". Just didn't see it in the polls, knew it wasn't going to happen. Now they are all acting shocked.

American demographic is fundamentally changing. That's not a negative.

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Talus wrote:I'm sorry, but this whole electoral college shit is archaic.
Commie motherfucker!

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

sam6025 wrote:
As long as we're the United States of America and not just America, the electoral college makes sense. Each state gets a weighted say. People forget about the division we have state to state here. That laws differ from border to border. It should be more clear as only certain states allow gay marriage, only 2 states have legalized marijuana, etc. You would have to abolish the state governments to abolish the electoral college, in my opinion. We could be one big, happy family.
http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/columns ... hs/1259591

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

Also, really happy to see Romney lose this thing. I wasn't looking forward to paying more taxes for less benefits to the nation, only more money for the rich.

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

As long as we're the United States of America and not just America, the electoral college makes sense. Each state gets a weighted say. People forget about the division we have state to state here. That laws differ from border to border. It should be more clear as only certain states allow gay marriage, only 2 states have legalized marijuana, etc. You would have to abolish the state governments to abolish the electoral college, in my opinion. We could be one big, happy family.

derekf

Post by derekf »

And a special congratulations to Colorado, Washington, Maryland and Maine. You beautiful, beautiful people, thank you.

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

thank you America!!!!! i knew u wasn't that dumb.

manshank

Post by manshank »

Thank you swing states.........................whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talus

Post by Talus »

I'm sorry, but this whole electoral college shit is archaic.

derekf

Post by derekf »

half-n-half wrote:
derekf wrote:
half-n-half wrote:
derekf wrote:Can someone explain why we don't have one type of ballot for national elections to be used by all states? I understand state law determines how elections are held, e.g., the time polls open/close, number of days of early voting, the method of casting ballots, scantron, punch cards ( I think those are now all gone), etc, but why doesn't federal law trump all of that stuff when it's a presidential election. Since it's only held every four years, how hard would it be to put out a national ballot with two names on it? Or a third if you're one of those people. I realize other elections are also held on election day every four years but why can't they be on a separate state-designed ballot?
figures an alabama hillbilly would need a dick and jane ballot.
Roll Fucking Tide!!!
:wink: kisses!
Yeah. But what I'm getting at is a standardized ballot and system of voting. It's embarrassing that the United States can't get its shit together on this.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

derekf wrote:
half-n-half wrote:
derekf wrote:Can someone explain why we don't have one type of ballot for national elections to be used by all states? I understand state law determines how elections are held, e.g., the time polls open/close, number of days of early voting, the method of casting ballots, scantron, punch cards ( I think those are now all gone), etc, but why doesn't federal law trump all of that stuff when it's a presidential election. Since it's only held every four years, how hard would it be to put out a national ballot with two names on it? Or a third if you're one of those people. I realize other elections are also held on election day every four years but why can't they be on a separate state-designed ballot?
Roll Fucking Tide!!!
:wink: kisses!

derekf

Post by derekf »

half-n-half wrote:
Roll Fucking Tide!!!

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

richmond fontaine - The High Country election chuckle
former Gov. Angus King is runnin' for Senate? in Maine
Angus King is also the name of the speed freak/owner of The
Chainsaw Sea in The High Country cd

He opened the bar in the seventies
when he left the army addicted to speed
They pulled all his teeth in 1993

derekf

Post by derekf »

Can someone explain why we don't have one type of ballot for national elections to be used by all states? I understand state law determines how elections are held, e.g., the time polls open/close, number of days of early voting, the method of casting ballots, scantron, punch cards ( I think those are now all gone), etc, but why doesn't federal law trump all of that stuff when it's a presidential election. Since it's only held every four years, how hard would it be to put out a national ballot with two names on it? Or a third if you're one of those people. I realize other elections are also held on election day every four years but why can't they be on a separate state-designed ballot?