Where's The Place At The Table For Folks Like Us?

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Crap, my photo is no longer available. You can find it on Slobberbone's Facebook page.

Spike, good luck with the BBQ stand. Looking forward to calling you a dirty old man.

SPIKE

Post by SPIKE »

My wife and I are seriously considering buying a BBQ restaurant. I am seriously considering renaming it Engine Joe's

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

This is freaking awesome. From the Refinery, Tampa FL USA! I believe Brain lived in Tampa at one time too. Maybe he still does.

You've all seen the quote above the kitchen "Where's the place at the table for folks like us?" Well, it comes from one of Chef's favorite bands: Slobberbone...and looky who paid us a visit? None other than Brian Lane from Slobberbone!

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

SPIKE wrote:From the horses mouth, Everything will probably be the best Best album ever made. Which means anything ever put out from here on can only tie Barrell Chested for for second place...and THAT my friends is something to look forward to :!:
I like everything he has released. Including the Drams. Hell, especially the Drams. Someday s hard to pick a best Best. Despite the circumstances I am still happy I contributed a lousy $10 to the solo. And I'm still holding out hope for an eventual release. Probably more than one thing that led to all the delays. Still not sure why he has communicated so poorly.

SPIKE

Post by SPIKE »

From the horses mouth, Everything will probably be the best Best album ever made. Which means anything ever put out from here on can only tie Barrell Chested for for second place...and THAT my friends is something to look forward to :!:

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

manshank wrote:Stereo/Mono kicks some major ass...................
Hell yes!

Our late great buddy Ben Hilton said he loved that record more than any from the Mats. I used to tell him he was nuts but that one has gotten better and better thru the years. Come Feel Me Tremble might be my favorite. Also, the CFT Westerberg movie/ DVD that was released is wonderful. It's also on Youtube if you've never seen it.

I was lucky enough to see his last show of his last tour on May 8th 2005. My 30th birthday. Maybe the last time he smashed a guitar? He was with his Only Friends which included J Boquist.

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

Another great feature over on The Lounge about The Bottle Rockets appropriately titled I'll Puke if That Jukebox Plays John Cougar One More Time.

manshank

Post by manshank »

Stereo/Mono kicks some major ass...................

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

beatenbynonfiction wrote:Does anyone have the "Hype Machine" App? $3.99 for iOS. Not concerned about cost - just wonder if it delivers? Always looking for a better way to explore new tunes in the vein. Is it Pandora or something different/better?
I have not pulled the trigger for the same reason. How about you?
sam6025 wrote:I love me some Slobberbone and have recently started checking out Glossary, so I dig that they broke that cover out. My oddball thing is that I like bands that say they are heavily influenced by The Replacements, but every time I put on one of my Replacement records, I get bored quickly. It's just weird...
That is weird. Although I'm not a fan of every single song, the Replacements are one of my favorite bands. I actually love Westerberg solo as well.

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

I love me some Slobberbone and have recently started checking out Glossary, so I dig that they broke that cover out. My oddball thing is that I like bands that say they are heavily influenced by The Replacements, but every time I put on one of my Replacement records, I get bored quickly. It's just weird...

beatenbynonfiction

Post by beatenbynonfiction »

Does anyone have the "Hype Machine" App? $3.99 for iOS. Not concerned about cost - just wonder if it delivers? Always looking for a better way to explore new tunes in the vein. Is it Pandora or something different/better?

manshank

Post by manshank »

I love Glossary..............

el caballo loco

You can get a free download of Glossary's album The Better Angels of Our Nature, Joey's solo album The All-Night Bedroom Revival & Kelly's self-titled work here.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

That's interesting but happens for me with bands regularly. I am a big fan of both those bands though. Obviously, Slobberbone's Everything You Thought...is a favorite but so is Barrel Chested, which rarely gets praised. Glossary might be my favorite band over the past 3 or 4 years. Feral Fire and Better Angels are both great records, but their most recent, Long Live All Of Us is probably my favorite. All 3 are available on vinyl or you can Bandcamp all of those for $5 or less. And the video below is just f-ing wonderful. If anyone knows a song with better lyrics relating to living life despite others expectations, please let me know.

Save Your Money For The Weekend
http://vimeo.com/11807666

el caballo loco

That article has inspired me to go back and listen to why Glossary hasn't clicked with me like I always thought/hoped it would. Slobberbone, too, I suppose.