Jay Peak, VT Show?

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

manshank

Post by manshank »

BHoy: what is the venue like at Jay? Sound? Just curious...............

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

Tweet from the opener last night:

http://instagram.com/p/WDkRl9ED6u/

bhoy

Post by bhoy »

I just posted this to the Postcard mailing list, but I will duplicate it here:

Just arrived home from Jay, VT! Four hours from almost-Canada to below Boston! Odd place for a show. Ballroom in a ski resort. No advertising or any mention of the show anywhere around the ski resort or buildings. Still a decent turn out. Here's the setlist:

Down to the Wire
Bakersfield
Brick Walls
Strength & Doubt
Wild Side
Dynamite
Dust of Daylight
Hoping Machine
Barstow
Wheels Don't Move
Down the Highway
Seawall
Drown
Voodoo Candle
Bandages
Afterglow 61
------
Hearts and Minds
Tear Stained Eye
Windfall
Stop the World

As the setlist shows, most acoustic, laid-back. The new songs sounded great and I think we will find something to enjoy on the new album. Plenty more dates to come in April and June.

G'night.

Bill

manshank

Post by manshank »

Hey Cind: I'm coming down tomorrow night to The House of Blues to see Railroad Earth. Any tips on the venue/parking? Sounds like it is right next to Fenway? Any street parking? Normally when I come down to the ball games I come down Storrow drive and get off the exit that brings you right to BU pretty much. Then I travel down that street until I come to some stop lights (Bartuccis is on my right, Pizza Uno in front of me) Then I go straight, to the right of Pizza Uno, and try to park on that bridge that go's over the Mass Pike. I don't bear left at those lights which would bring you right down by the
the ball park. Could we park on that bridge about 4pm for free. Any street curfew? Where is House of Blues in relation to Boston Beer Works?

Is the venue cool or are there frat boy bouncers who might take offense to "sparky". No reentry and the spirit might move me........LOL

Stoked for this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah you cant get to Jay Peak very easily from Franconia. No way. Even for me. Interstate a good portion but then off that for quite a while.

cind

Post by cind »

Last edited by cind on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

manshank

Post by manshank »

Yes you can see Canada...............this show just blows my mind. What is up with it. Looks like a tune-up for the tour as they don't play another show for like a month? Maybe Mark has something to do with it.

I'm going to wait until Northampton show in June.

bhoy

Jay Peak, VT Show?

Post by bhoy »

Anyone from Massachusetts/RI making the trip up to Jay Peak Friday? I'm thinking of doing it. It looks like the show is about 5 min from Canada at that point. Maybe you can even see Canada from the mountain!

Bill