Falling Cars Release

Love Jackson

Post by Love Jackson »

Read the book today in one sitting. Had to wait for it to come in at the local library. I LOVED this read! And, I didn't have very big expectations given some of the reviews I read. I can understand some people feeling disappointed that it doesn't give much on the Uncle Tupelo days or his relationships with bandmates, but the book does give a very interesting glimpse into a side of Jay we don't normally see in interviews, on stage, etc. Loved the stories about him attempting to trap his kids' escaped pets. Definitely allows us to see a lighter side of his personality. Good stuff!

sam6025

Post by sam6025 »

I can't wait for the wife to get paid this week, I NEED this book. Thanks for the insights without ruining the details, guys. It's really appreciated.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Still waiting for mine. Ordered from Amazon with vinyl with free shipping. Would have been happy to pay shipping if it meant getting my hands on this by now.

criminals

Post by criminals »

Got the CD and book yesterday from Amazon. Read the book last night. Very entertaining. A must for anyone on this board.

Really enjoyed the essay format. A very unique way to convey the formative moments of his life.

I liked how he cleared up the break-up meeting of UT. I think that was the book's title chapter. I guess UT was Falling Cars and the bass player was Junkyard Dog.

Loved the last line of the book. Jay has never worn, and will never wear the bear suit. No compromise!

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

This is just lovely. A lot of fun.

Thanks Jay!

ct

Post by ct »

I stopped by Barnes & Noble today to buy the book. However they will not have it until March 19th. Damn!

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

Omg! How casually candid he is. Im freakin out a little.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

Just purchased it on my Nook.

mzkmm

falling cars release

Post by mzkmm »

Illinois customer reported receipt on March 1.

head tone harmony

Post by head tone harmony »

gdavis5446 wrote:Still waiting for my copy. I've heard he refers to Jeff Tweedy as 'the bass player' instead of using his name. That seems very weird at best.
I thought that odd as well when I read it but after finishing the book, I realized he didn't refer to any of his band mates over the years by name (other than his brothers). I think that was by design.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Still waiting for my copy. I've heard he refers to Jeff Tweedy as 'the bass player' instead of using his name. That seems very weird at best.

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

got mine friday- have read thru the first two chapters so far- i find myself comparing Jay in interviews and responding to questions vs. his writing voice vs. his lyrics... all very different.

the book is well worth the read so far, some great insight into his childhood, some heart-warming stories, getting ready to get into music part.

its easy to pick up, read a few narratives, put it down, come back to it...

timmy

got the book yesterday

Post by timmy »

came earlier than I thought and looks interesting---short essays, narratives.

bellevillemusic

Post by bellevillemusic »

bellevillemusic wrote:Amazon just sent another email telling me that the book just shipped. It should be at my house by March 5.

Amazon rules

wrecking ball operator

Post by wrecking ball operator »

Amazon just sent another email telling me that the book just shipped. It should be at my house by March 4.

Amazon is weird.