The Palace at 4 a.m. part 1

smoke

Post by smoke »

For some reason, YHFT never really connected for me so I do think Bennet and Burch's disc is better. It is pretty obvious where the 'Summerteeth' sound came from!!!

tracer

Post by tracer »

i like the record a whole bunch, but their singing can't come close to matching mr. tweedy's.

Boots

Post by Boots »

Anyone here get the Palace 1919? Adds a whole new feel to the songs, never thought I'd buy the same record twice (well sort of) and enjoy both

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

I don't know if I like Palace at 4am better than YHF but I'd say probably as much. I was surprised how good a record it is. I saw Bennett and Burch live a few months ago - in front of about 20 people in NYC on a Monday night - and they were great.

And I love that rock version of Kamera on the DVD. I'm glad somebody mentioned that. I put on the DVD a lot just to listen to that one track.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I like them both just about the same. And they are both some of the best music released last year. Jay is amazing. Great ears of that one.

I'm interested to see if his second album can stand on its own without Wilco-era tunes and Woody songs.

RobUA03

The Palace at 4 a.m. part 1

Post by RobUA03 »

Just my opinion, but I think this record is a much better listen than YHFT. Not to throw off on Tweedy, but I can only take so much of the experimental noise thing. By the way, anyone else like the rock version of Kamera off of the Wilco DVD?