MLB 2013

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

I love that you folks love baseball.

Tim, expect to be amazed and frustrated by BJ Upton. I think the Rays will miss him, especially his defense, but he can be very frustrating to watch. People in Tampa got tired of hearing about his potential. Impressive that you found a place so close to Turner.

Steve, it is probably best Crawford moved on. He is one of my all time favorite baseball players, but maybe Boston and the crushing media was not the place for him. He is a pretty humble and quiet dude. Plus all the injuries. One of my good buddies predicted that he would fade early because of injuries. Also, the best thing Boston ever did was get rid of Valentine. That guy is an all around idiot.

The Giants and Cards seem to be in the mix every year too.

I think SIs predictions for the Rays are over the top. I think they miss Shields, Wade Davis and BJ Upton. Shields was so competitive and made that staff all together so much better. Despite the accolades David Price can be up and down from year to year. This new kid Will Myers though, look out.

mraney

Post by mraney »

Giants will make it 3 out of the last 4 years.

Mike

criminals

Post by criminals »

Darn near a foot of snow in Busch Stadium on Sunday. Good thing the Birds start in AZ.

We have some of the best, young, exciting smoke throwers in baseball right now. If the lineup stays healthy we should hit. Hopefully you will all know the name Oscar Taveras by the end of the season. Starting in AAA but the best young hitting prospect we have had since Albert.

Okeman

Post by Okeman »

turpentim wrote: My wife and I just closed on a house 2400 feet (yes, FEET) from home plate. We can see the lights over home plate from our front porch.

Tim in the ATL

That's pretty sweet right there. Walking to games. Braves almost always have affordable tickets and room to spread out, which suits me just fine. I like making the trip there in the spring or fall, when the weather downtown is cool. Never miss an early morning stroll to an Einstein's Bagels for some phenomenal bagels and coffee. Love that place...

manshank

Post by manshank »

Yes GD it is much better to come from nowhere with no expectations. Thats why I like the Sox this year. Bunch of no names. We could surprise some people..............................its too bad Crawford did not stay home, he would have been much better off and the team would be too. It still amazes me what players will do for a few million more. Really whats the dif between making 18 mil a year versus 20 mil a year for 10 years. Do people really need that much money???? Oh yeah I do..................I got a kid in college

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

My Braves are gonna whoop the dog shit out of everybody. Y'all gon' make me lose my mind, Upton here, Upton here.

They're bound to have a great year. My wife and I just closed on a house 2400 feet (yes, FEET) from home plate. We can see the lights over home plate from our front porch. I could hit a 5-iron to a road called Hank Aaron Blvd.

Tim in the ATL

gdavis5446

MLB 2013

Post by gdavis5446 »

I liked it much better when the Rays were sneaking up on people.