MLB 2013

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Congratulations Sox fans. That was a fantastic season.

manshank

Post by manshank »

Go SOX!

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

go Cards!

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

Hoops wrote:Has there ever been a more over-hyped franchise with so few results than the Atlanta Braves?

Ok, I'll answer. No.
Actually, I'm having trouble finding much to complain about from this season... LOTS of results, especially considering 1) the critical injuries endured (Hudson, Heyward, O'Fleherty, Venters, Walden -- no small losses whatsoever) and 2) the fact that two of their most promising and highest paid players (BJ Upton and Dan Uggla) were simply atrocious all season long. The fact that they won their division, were in first place ALL SEASON minus one single day, and managed to give the surging Dodgers a run for the money is simply astonishing. Fredi Gonzalez, NOT Clint Hurdle, deserves manager of the year, hands down.

Add to that the fact that Chris Johnson, the throw-in from the Upton trade, nearly won the NL batting title. Add to that the fact that Freddie Freeman put together another incredible year at the plate and in the field. Add to that the fact that both Andrelton Simmons and Craig Kimbrel had Hall of Fame caliber seasons. Add to that the fact that they are in the process of cultivating some unbelievably talented young pitchers (Teheran, Minor, Medlen, Wood, etc.). And finally, add to all that the fact that, despite losing Chipper Jones to retirement last season and likely losing Brian McCann to free agency after this season, the Braves have more than adequately filled their positions with the offensive and defensive promise of Chris Johnson at third and Evan Gattis behind the plate.

The future is extremely bright in Atlanta. Just ask Dave Cameron: http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/ ... src=mobile

Only 174 days 'til Opening Day 2014!

Tim in the ATL

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Rays will be lucky to send series back to Boston tonight but this is a great image. Sad Sox fan in front of ghost of Dan Johnson jersey guy who knocked homer into Rays tank.

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

Has there ever been a more over-hyped franchise with so few results than the Atlanta Braves?

Ok, I'll answer. No.

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

el caballo loco wrote:
Trellis wrote:This year the championship will cross the border.
Go Potros!
:)

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

el caballo loco wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:Here it goes again. Who is ready for a nerve racking Oct? Go Rays and welcome all the haters.
It's on GD!
If the Rays somehow beat the Sox they should go to WWE rules and be able to shave those beards off.

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

I got a nice price in Vegas this Summer for an Atlanta-Rays Series.

I like still having a live ticket.

el caballo loco

Trellis wrote:This year the championship will cross the border.
Go Potros!

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

1/2 likes this shirt.

el caballo loco

gdavis5446 wrote:Here it goes again. Who is ready for a nerve racking Oct? Go Rays and welcome all the haters.
It's on GD!

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

Hoops wrote:
turpentim wrote:Speaking of pitchers, I'm so sick of hearing about how good Clayton Kershaw is. I understand he's the best right now, but with the way folks talk about him, you'd think he fires invisible BBs at home plate.
Dude just threw for the lowest ERA in 19 seasons. Yeah, he kind of deserves it.
I get it already.

Tim in the ATL

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

turpentim wrote:Speaking of pitchers, I'm so sick of hearing about how good Clayton Kershaw is. I understand he's the best right now, but with the way folks talk about him, you'd think he fires invisible BBs at home plate.
Dude just threw for the lowest ERA in 19 seasons. Yeah, he kind of deserves it.