how different is the new live CD from "live in seatt

Mort

Post by Mort »

Antelope850 wrote:I would get Live In Seattle as well. It's different enough from SS&BL - and what really makes it special is Mark Spencer and Eric Heywood together with Jay. Great stuff. Jay's done two types of concerts the last few years. SS&BL represents one of the two, Live In Seattle the other.
Besides, Live In Seattle is an official release by (one of) our favourite artist(s). That alone should be reason enough to download it.

Support your artists! Buy their records!!

Morten.

Antelope850

Post by Antelope850 »

I would get Live In Seattle as well. It's different enough from SS&BL - and what really makes it special is Mark Spencer and Eric Heywood together with Jay. Great stuff. Jay's done two types of concerts the last few years. SS&BL represents one of the two, Live In Seattle the other.

grainpulp

Post by grainpulp »

Yeah, you'll get a much more quiet and more laid back recording. Not to say that some of it isn't up tempo.
It's very atmospheric.
And it's worth it just to hear Spencer's harmonies. Those define most of his songs for me now. I still hear his harmony parts on the versions of the songs without them.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

I may not be the best person to answer as I have the Live In Seattle CD but not SSBL (on its way though!).

Anyway, LIS was with mark Spencer and Eric Heywood, where as SSBL is with Canyon, so I'm thinking SSBL will be a bit more full musicaly, and some tracks will be definitely more up tempo. LIS is very acoustic and ambient sounding, perhaps production enhanced.

Personaly I'm very pleased with LIS, but it seems like more of an exception compared to a typical Jay show. Still worth the download, though!

-gk-

riggit

how different is the new live CD from "live in seatt

Post by riggit »

I'm just wondering if the "live in seattle" disc is worth downloading when i've got the new live CD already. I realise they're different shows, but there is alot of repetition between them.
thanks.