Paul McCartney tour

Megaballs6

Post by Megaballs6 »

criminals

Post by criminals »

That last trifecta is probably my favorite of all Beatles music. Paul and George trading leads on The End is phenomenal.

Isn't Something a George song? Probably played in his honor.

Would love to see this show.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Wow! What a hard driving set list for a guy getting up there in years. Sounds like it was/is a great show. I was just listening to various Beatles albums and the Paul McCartney 2-disc Wingspan just within the past week (unaware of the tour).

"I had a momentary Great White vision)." !!!

manshank

Post by manshank »

I hear ya bro but this dude can't justify that kind of coin these days............

mraney

Post by mraney »

I will be at the Austin show on WED night. First time every seeing him and I have been a Beatles fan since 1964 when I bought a copy of Meet The Beatles.

Really looking forward to it!

Mike

dcarter

Paul McCartney tour

Post by dcarter »

We went to the second night of his US tour last night. No overstatement that it was amazing. Easily one of the best, if not the best, concerts in my long history. His energy is insane for a soon to be 71 year old. My wife was amazed at his voice sounding basically the same as ever. He and his crack band certainly appeared to be enjoying themselves as much as we were. No highlights because it was a series of highlights. My only quibble, a minor one, is that I could have done without "Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kite" but it was effectively trippy. We were on our feet the entire time. The only bass he played was that old Hofner. The bassline to "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" was the shit live. Ripped off some nice leads on a Les Paul, beautiful acoustic work on "Here Today" and "Blackbird" (both solo), and he is certainly a piano man. Inventive multimedia stage show with just the right amount of over the top spectacle (explosions, flames and fireworks on "Live and Let Die" - I had a momentary Great White vision). Mainly, it was a driving rock show full of rockers.

If you can, go. I saw him in 1990 but this was better, mainly due to the superior, no bullshit, set list.

http://www.paulmccartney.com/live/gigs/ ... -orlando-2

Go if you can. Don't be dissuaded if it's sold out or by the cost. I bought 2 tickets Friday morning for the Sunday night show on eBay. Floor, 22 rows back, direct center with Paul's mike. Face value with fees for both was $560. I paid$220! Don't miss the man.